Just my opinion.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
vidmar said:
jbb/james said:
But i agree vid many go way too far, but unfortunately that is the world in which we live, that is what a public forum is about and you cant punch everyone out , no matter how much you wish

It's not about "punching people out" James...it's about letting people know what is and isn't acceptable in civilised society - even in a public forum like ours.

I'd like to think that we all try to respect and repay Dan's hard work by having some level of ownership and duty of care with the site and, as he rightly says, that we foster a community spirit - hence my post

The more we let these people think they can get away with it the more they are encouraged.

I'm all for a bit of banter as you know (and of course often kick it off when in face to face situations!) but when I see decent people slagged off constantly by some of the numpties that post from the relative safety of hyperspace then I question their integrity or motivation for being on here and so challenge it.

ps. I’ve had a beer with you Fluffy (but I’m wary of being seen with you in your pimp coat?)

Sure, bad choice of words and i meant to use the word you as a generalisation rather than you Vid, punching everyone out. I apologise for the over generalisation, my improper use of the word you

Not backtracking, just an honest mistake which was not intended to be directed at you personally, or fire you up but it does show how easily the written word can be read differently, especially on a footy forum where the accuracy of the message isn't always srutinised by the writer before submission, especially as they can never fully understand there anonymous audience

Nice work Vid!

Yes its the mindless negativity and rush to harsh judgement (plus the egotism that you so commonly see in such anonymous environments) that gets me about ALL internet forums. At times people just start acting like little angry children, and they can get away with it on internet forums whereas they couldn't or wouldn't do it in real life face to face for the reasons you've mentioned....

I'm reminded of John Clarke's fabulous line: "the internet is a junkshop dressed up as a museum". Not related to rugby league at all, but I've had 'facts' written about me on wikipedia that were just plain wrong and I'm sure it happens to people and subjects all the time.

vidmar said:
Download a pommie - aussie translator Fro - Do I have to think of everything?

I tried that Bob, but everything comes up witha picture of Yorkshire Pud :)

Which forum experience was the best for you? Choose one option:

a) The old MWSE forum
b) The old Silvertails forum (before the closure of MWSE)
c) The current Silvertails (post MWSE closure)

Spare a thought for those that loved this site from day 1 and have in recent months seen it raped by those good folk who still wish to complain about it.

How about, if its not good enough for you http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Heres an idea. Go post another lowe thread, that'll brighting things a little.

Reading an opinion doesn't hurt as long as it isn't taken seriously.

Same as having one.

Rex said:

Same as having one.

tell that to Joan of Arc

I could try Dan, but according to some prominent posters on here Dan there is no god, ergo no heaven, and no more Joan of Arc.

Unless of course you were wrong???? ;P

funny how the point of the actual saying "Try telling that to" also means "It would be impossible because they are dead"

Jatz Crackers said:
Which forum experience was the best for you? Choose one option:

a) The old MWSE forum
b) The old Silvertails forum (before the closure of MWSE)
c) The current Silvertails (post MWSE closure)

Difficult to answer JC as have read and posted on all and enjoyed them all at some some time

Re-read my post to see it's intent and that it was not a criticism of the site or forum (same goes fLIP?)

-----

No worries James, all good,

----

Fro, I'm not from Yorkshire!!!

I think theres fineline however

I think we should be able to constructively critise the club no organisation is perfect and has opportunities.

But i would emphasise the word constructive, theres too much of playing the man and not the ball by certain posters.

vidmar said:

I know that scouser :)

got a bite though lol

Daniel said:
funny how the point of the actual saying "Try telling that to" also means "It would be impossible because they are dead"

You didnt mention "Trying to tell", you said "tell that...."

Which reads as though you believe it is possible :)

Fro said:
vidmar said:

got a bite though lol

Daniel said:

He's not a scouser either... /check for my wallet. He is grey and he does rob your house though

Fluff, I don't know why I have drinks with you...you are always sketchy...even when sober. I should ask your cousin why I have drinks with you. He might be able to answer that for me

Fro said:
vidmar said:

got a bite though lol

Daniel said:

Well he could use "Tell that" to her but he would be waiting a long time for any response because of her current state :p

Daniel said:
Rex said:

Same as having one.

tell that to Joan of Arc

Alas, young Joan ... hearing voices, seeing visions.
(aka "thinking", "imagining")

... the tragedy of thoughts taken seriously.

Fro said:
And exactly what is that state?? lol

I can see what you are getting at Fro
character0053.gif
character0052.gif
but I'm talking about the state of death (as in her current "status" is she's dead) :p

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6