Just a thought

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Should the NRL have a Father/Son rule like AFL. I know they have drafts but maybe duduction off the salary cap.

If they did we could still possible have Jnr Hoppa & Darcy Lussick.

Mitchell Pearce at the Tigers

Morris twins at the Dragons

Brett Finch at the Dragons

Struggling to find any after them..

Just a thought..................

Eric Snr & Jnr at the Eels
Craig & Dean Young at the Dragons

Oops they've retired :)

That would mean that we might still have Chad Randall and Brett and Scott Fulton playing for us.

tookey said:
That would mean that we might still have Chad Randall and Brett and Scott Fulton playing for us.

This is the major flaw in the system

Jaryd Hayne could then end up at Souths.
Curtis Sironen at the Tigers. Thats if Balmain and Wests Tigers are considered the same club.
Scott Prince could come to Manly to play with his father Jason King.

Under that system would the Dogs have been forced to take Kane Cleal when they nabbed Noel?

Maybe there is some merit in the idea.

I like the AFL father-son rule, the ARLC could do worse then give it a go.

bones said:
Jaryd Hayne could then end up at Souths.
Curtis Sironen at the Tigers. Thats if Balmain and Wests Tigers are considered the same club.
Scott Prince could come to Manly to play with his father Jason King.

Don't forget Jamie and Cliffy.

You all know what Thought did???

Thought he had a car.... but he only had a horn.

I reckon the AFL father son rule is a bit of a joke to be honest. AFL like to put it up as something to be proud of as it continues a link between families but there have been plenty of sons who ended up playing at other clubs simply because the fathers club didn't think the player was going to be good enough. They can also only take one a year, which means if a couple of former greats have kids nominate in the same year the club can only take one of them under that rule and hope they get lucky in the draft, unlikely if they are a gun.

I think its more likely the son of a former player will at least start their career at their fathers club, pending they still live in the area.

the only reason the father/son rule is valid in AFL is that they have the draft and it is difficult for players to select the club they start their careers. In NRL the player asks a club for a start or a club approaches a player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4