Just a thought

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we lose the first game adding an extra game to make the G/F would it not help our cause having Lussick and Stewart back for the Preliminary final match, or the wording of the suspension includes any match weeks meaning the above is not necessary.

I know it's high risk but the players can rest week one nullifying the advantage of the second week break and hope the preliminary final is held in NSW.

I know it's food for thought, if I understand you right in suggesting Manly lose on purpose so we get Stewart and Darcy back early wouldn't have even been thought for a second by Manly (well I would hope so) No professional sportsman in their right mind will throw a game for ANY purpose unless of course for gambling corruption or your an AFL player tanking for draft picks even then I'm sure they are trying their best to win.

Once those 17 Manly boys cross that whiteline all they will be thinking is winning the game and not focussing on hypothetical's or anything outside of that white line.

Technical Coach said:
If we lose the first game adding an extra game to make the G/F would it not help our cause having Lussick and Stewart back for the Preliminary final match, or the wording of the suspension includes any match weeks meaning the above is not necessary.

I know it's high risk but the players can rest week one nullifying the advantage of the second week break and hope the preliminary final is held in NSW.
Forget the word "lose", we should not focuss on the ifs and buts , we should focuss on winning at all costs and start kicking butts.

What is the point in doing that? There isn't really any difference between not having Stewart and Lussick in week 2 and not having them in week 3. Both games are do or die and both games will be against difficult opposition. The less do or die matches we have to play the better as far as I'm concerned.

I reckon if we lose the 1st final we play Illawarra with a depleted squad and a all hands on deck game against the Broncos.
If we win the 1st final we would play the Broncos with a depleted squad down here.

Just go out there and win. This talk of manipulating results will just lead to tears.

You're right DSM, next week it'll be all over the papers, rumors of Manly deliberately losing in round one of the finals to get players back early from "reliable" sources.

Getting those two players back for the prelim would be the only benefit from losing in week 1 of the finals but the negatives are fairly huge.

If we lose, we lose, but we will never go out there not trying to win. Not while Des is coach, that is for sure.

I would never suggest throwing a game just resting players in the first game but still go all out for the win with the players chosen. We have an 80% chance of winning any game with a full squad but with such a depleted forward rotation it probably goes down to 50-60%.

All i'm saying is the first semi is a game we can play without any pressure which could help with an improved performance by the players chosen for that first game and still come up with the win. Playing in the prelim final after winnng with a depleted but rested squad is also a benefit.

Either way we have to win two to get to the grand final and I'd be just as concerned as our ability to win in week 2 after a loss with players out as to win 3 after a week off with players out.

This concept is too hard. Winning games wins comps. Playing to our teams strengths with it's best talent on the park wins games which wins comps.
Stop. Over analysing. It equals paralysis.

So we have to choose between the following two options-

An away game in week 2(which could be anywhere in mainland Australia) with suspended players out and the prize being another tough semi final

A game at SFS or ANZ in week 3 with the same players out and the prize a GF

I must be missing something.

Add to that we will very probably have lost 2 in a row by week 2 of the semis with zero momentum and no returning players and the whole thing is not even worth thinking about.That is before you take into account the ludicrous idea that Des would consider tanking.

Guys your reading too much into my comments---all i'm doing is putting a positive spin with all that has been happening at the moment. I did state it is "high risk" but there are advantages.

I never stated "tanked"---go out to win with a squad resting certain players----if we win we come into week 3 with well rested players and as close to a full squad that is possible under the circumstances.(yes 2 weeks rest for some players in some cases might not be such a good thing)

If we are defeated in game 1 those same rested players are fit for week 2 where-ever the match might be played and to be honest if we lose that game we would probably lose game 3 in any case.

I fully appreciate that getting to the preliminary final should be the main objective---anything can happen under semi final pressure but at least there is a positive if things don't go to plan.

Yes both game 2 and 3 are elimination games in both scenarios just a positive outcome with a full squad minus injured players for game 3 if we get that far. Its going to be a struggle without Lussick and Stewart thats for sure and Lyon will have to play like 2008 to offer ball playing options on our right edge---which i'm confident he can do even under short notice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4