Junior Captains

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Ball side captained by Tyran Ott a new player to the club this year and dummy half,Josh Schuster to be vice captain.Matthews squad coached by Trevor Ott who has experience with Knights squad and is Tyrans' dad has Sam Pinomi second rower as captain and Kaeo Weekes five eighth as vice captain.

Josh Schuster to be vice captain

I'm hearing from a few people who know him that he (and his family)aren't that impressed with what he interprets as a demotion as he was captain of the Harold Matthews team that made the GF last year. Strange decision to give the captaincy to a player (Ott) who is in his first year at the club (Newcastle) and his dad is the coach of the Harold Matts team. I hope it doesn't cost us Schuster.

Crikey - we might be talking up the weekes-to-schuster combo in coming years like we did for cliffy (aka god) Lyons-to-Menzies... how many gaps did he find for his back rower!

I'm hearing from a few people who know him that he (and his family)aren't that impressed with what he interprets as a demotion as he was captain of the Harold Matthews team that made the GF last year. Strange decision to give the captaincy to a player (Ott) who is in his first year at the club (Newcastle) and his dad is the coach of the Harold Matts team. I hope it doesn't cost us Schuster.
I guess we will see what he(and his family) are made of then,if he leaves a club because he is not captain of an U18 side I would be surprised.....Ott has played with and against men and Schuster is playing a year up and younger than a lot,not saying he couldn't do it,but not really surprising,he will probably inherit the captaincy of the side next year.You should also take into account that Brett Fulton who was his coach last year is now coach of the Ball side and made the decision and probably sat down and explained the situation and reasons....

Last edited:
Crikey - we might be talking up the weekes-to-schuster combo in coming years like we did for cliffy (aka god) Lyons-to-Menzies... how many gaps did he find for his back rower!
The highlights video show Schuster to be an absolute gun. Some of those runs and passes from the big guy were terrific.

I guess we will see what he(and his family) are made of then,if he leaves a club because he is not captain of an U18 side I would be surprised.....Ott has played with and against men and Schuster is playing a year up and younger than a lot,not saying he couldn't do it,but not really surprising,he will probably inherit the captaincy of the side next year.You should also take into account that Brett Fulton who was his coach last year is now coach of the Ball side and made the decision and probably sat down and explained the situation and reasons....
Your common sense explanation isn't nearly as much fun as the opportunity to put **** on all things Manly.

Your common sense explanation isn't nearly as much fun as the opportunity to put **** on all things Manly.
I enjoy being a killjoy.... but seeing as Ben Trbojevic was vice captain of the Matthews team last year and is playing SG Ball this year and is not vice captain maybe we should be concerned that he is feeling disappointed with his demotion and maybe seeking to leave too?Maybe Jake and Tom are feeling his pain and are requesting a release as we speak?But in all seriousness he will be a target for other clubs(Parra,Roosters,Sharks,Dogs,Storm come to mind...)and it will be a battle to retain him....

I enjoy being a killjoy.... but seeing as Ben Trbojevic was vice captain of the Matthews team last year and is playing SG Ball this year and is not vice captain maybe we should be concerned that he is feeling disappointed with his demotion and maybe seeking to leave too?Maybe Jake and Tom are feeling his pain and are requesting a release as we speak?But in all seriousness he will be a target for other clubs(Parra,Roosters,Sharks,Dogs,Storm come to mind...)and it will be a battle to retain him....
We need a strong retention plan for this youngster (Schuster). He is the best young prospect I’ve seen come through since I’ve been watching the game. An exceptionally talented youngster that we do not want to lose.

I don’t think the captaincy issue will phase him.

We need a strong retention plan for this youngster (Schuster). He is the best young prospect I’ve seen come through since I’ve been watching the game. An exceptionally talented youngster that we do not want to lose.

I don’t think the captaincy issue will phase him.
Are you talking about Schuster the 2nd rower or Weekes the 5/8?

Both go OK.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8