July recruitment Snapshot:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Gains/re-signed:
Jamie Lyon (4 years)
Travis Burns (1 year)
Steve Menzies (2 years)

----------------------------------------------------

Losses:
Ben Kennedy (Retired)
Michael Witt (Warriors)
Kane Cleal (Rabbits)

-----------------------------------------------------

Rumoured Gains:
Jon Wilkin (Has long term deal with St Helens - not happenning)
Ashley Harrison (don't know source)
Craig Wing (Potential swap for Monaghan)

Rumoured Losses:
Michael Monaghan (wants 1/2 back - displayed everywhere))
Kylie Leuluai (ESL - UK press)
Mark Bryant (Banaghan says 3 clubs interested - Manly Daily theory)
Steve Matai (after centre spot - Weidler theory)
Paul Stephenson (chasing 1st grade time - all quiet on this front)

Advertised approaches:
Ben Creagh (re-signed Dragons 3yrs)
Steve Simpson (re-signed Newcastle 4 yrs)

Name Players still Off Contract:
Matt Ballin
Kylie Leuluai
Mark Bryant

----------------------------------------------------

Guys - I tried to be as accurate as possible. Please advise, so
I can add more....

The rumoured gains are only rumours unless you have some inside knowledge. Harrison and Wing may not be happy at the Rorters (who is?) but there is nothing linking them with Manly. Mind you rumours of a fire sale there are rife since their poor form and Myles is now there with big signings Anasta and Co.

There's a story in this weeks Rugby League Week indicating that Steve Matai will be staying at the Club & retaining his centre position & that Jamie Lyon will be playing 5/8 in season 2007.

Of the other rumoured players mentioned , I can;t say I know much about Jon Wilkin but I would be interested in Ashley Harrison. I know he hasn't had a great season , but the previous year he showed what he has to offer. I believe he would perform admirably in the Manly colours.

The rumoured gains are only rumours unless you have some inside knowledge.

Is this a gee up? Anways - yeah Canteen. I agree with you. Rumoured gains are only rumours. 8|

There's a story in this weeks Rugby League Week indicating that Steve Matai will be staying at the Club & retaining his centre position & that Jamie Lyon will be playing 5/8 in season 2007.

Well, I just dont know how RLW would know the who's and where's of specific player positions for 2007 when even Des hasnt looked at that yet. There may be intentions, but certainly not hard decisions in terms of Lyon in either pivot or centre positions. All is sheer supposition until trials next year.

Read a quote from Politis in RLW a while back in reagrds to the futures of Wing, Harrison, Finch and Anasta

"You have more chance of seeing George Bush in a Roosters jersey next season than those 4 leaving" or somehting along those lines

Read a quote from Politis in RLW a while back in reagrds to the futures of Wing, Harrison, Finch and Anasta

\"You have more chance of seeing George Bush in a Roosters jersey next season than those 4 leaving\" or somehting along those lines

Well as long as it's George Bush and not George Rose

\"You have more chance of seeing George Bush in a Roosters jersey next season than those 4 leaving\" or somehting along those lines

I'm sure Bush was alarmed to hear that Finch has been offered a release then!

Forgot to mention :

Last Saturday at Telstra Stadium , we saw a Manly supporter with # 6 on the back of his jersey & the name "LYON" on the top. It gave us a laugh , but we were curious as to whether he would be game enough to wear it out to Parra Stadium next Saturday night.

[quote author=ChuckWood]

Well, I just dont know how RLW would know the who's and where's of specific player positions for 2007 when even Des hasnt looked at that yet. There may be intentions, but certainly not hard decisions in terms of Lyon in either pivot or centre positions. All is sheer supposition until trials next year.
[/quote]

yeah, it's not what RLW thinks Des will do, they are quoting Matai after he approached manly management about a release. They have quoted matai as saying Manly were still keen for him to stay and that Lyon may not neccessarily play centre.

What position is George going to play for them - maybe hooker? He runs around in concentric circles as well as any hooker I've seen (in maroon and white) this season. He could play five-eighth - his spin (pass) is superb.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4