JUDICIARY CHARGES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kimox

About the best we could have expected:

King: Careless grade 1: 56 points with ealry plea (no matches missed)
Matai: Careless grade 2: 140 with early plea + 46 c/o = 186 (1 match)

Also, Vave Siosaia and Kevin Proctor from the Storm will escape suspension with the early plea.

Either way it is positive news, compared with what some media vultures were eagerly hoping for.

I think even if gets downgrade to Grade 1 would still mean missing two games.

If he goes to judiciary it would only be worth it if he was trying to be exonerated of doing a Grade 1 or 2 high tackle at all. That would seem unlikely to win. Then again could point to the Jeremy Smith tackle.

Ceagle said:
If Lyon is going to be out we should probably challenge it no doubt

Just ask Nick Politis . Failing that maybe the "Anzac" defence used by Ricky Stuart for Luke Ricketson . Or what about the "it's not his go" defence . Or how about the"everybody hates Michael Ennis and Perret plays for the same team as him" defence .

I think we'll have to take the 1 week. I can't see him beating the charges completely. The boys will just have to fire up against NQ and hopefully get through it without him.

Happiest man in Australia right now - Brent Tate. (Now he only has to watch out for T Rex)

I'll cop the 1 week for Steve. It could've been worse due to his record.

But if they (match review committee and media) are going to be fair dinkum......there was an identical tackle in the Canberra v Cronulla game yesterday. I think there was a penalty given for it but i'm sure whoever it was (can't remember) was not put on report, also seems like no one got cited.

How is that fair?:dodgy:

manlywarringah said:
I'll cop the 1 week for Steve. It could've been worse due to his record.

But if they (match review committee and media) are going to be fair dinkum......there was an identical tackle in the Canberra v Cronulla game yesterday. I think there was a penalty given for it but i'm sure whoever it was (can't remember) was not put on report, also seems like no one got cited.

How is that fair?:dodgy:

The Jeremy Smith tackle was slightly worse in my opinion as the point of contact was marginally higher and there was no sudden change of direction by the ball carrier. Surely you'd juxtapose the 2 tackles in your defence and ask why the different outcomes ?

With Steves c/o points even if we were successful with a challenge to the grading back to a grade 1 we would still lose him for a week.

EG: 75points + 50% loading less 25% early plea + 46 c/o = 130 (still 1 match)

Probably the best possible outcome. Let's hope that Jamie Lyon is back this week, and Matai will be able to come back next week should we face Melbourne.

I'd fight it. We desperately need him this week with Killer also probably missing. Next week Killer should be back and Whare could fill in if Matai gets 2 weeks. If we lose both Killer and Matai this week were f*****.

the mauler said:
I'd fight it. We desperately need him this week with Killer also probably missing. Next week Killer should be back and Whare could fill in if Matai gets 2 weeks. If we lose both Killer and Matai this week were f*****.
Never say die brother and while there's a Will There's a Way. Beware of the wounded Sea Eagle !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6