Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RLW suggests our priority signing is Gillett from the Donkeys or Solomona from the Storm.

@BOZO , no not you the real one is said to be courting both.

I guess we won't hear much until after the GF or until either team is knocked out, either or both would be great for us in 2017.

Now those two are far better than the rumour of us chasing T Burgi, that is for sure. And if we could get Gillett and Solomona, I would maybe, just maybe have some confidence for next year.

So 6 (2 unproven) to replace the 8 we used this year.

Who are the 2 final players when injuries strike?
Remind me who the 8 are from this year??
Myles, Taupau, Starling, Vave, Lussick, AFB, Burgess, Lawrence??
Lawrence & Burgess played a couple of games between them. Taupau was out for 4 weeks, Myles has been injured for 5 weeks almost, Knight played 1 game so for most of this year our prop rotation has been Taupau, Starling, Vave, AFB & Lussick......we've managed pretty well. Starling & Burgess are gone, Lawrence doubtful..our prop rotation will be Myles, Lussick, Taupau, AFB, Knight & Meehan...........better than what we dished out this year!

yep,we needed 8 this year, naive to think we wont cop injuries and suspensions to more than 1 at a time next year

yep,we needed 8 this year, naive to think we wont cop injuries and suspensions to more than 1 at a time next year
We've played with a 5 prop rotation for most of this year........all teams cop injuries & suspensions to their forwards not just us. Would be nice to have the luxury of 8 good props to rotate but that's rare in any team. If we happen to snare one more good prop then i think we'll be fine. It's the backs that worry me Fluffy!!

We've played with a 5 prop rotation for most of this year........all teams cop injuries & suspensions to their forwards not just us. Would be nice to have the luxury of 8 good props to rotate but that's rare in any team. If we happen to snare one more good prop then i think we'll be fine. It's the backs that worry me Fluffy!!

absoutely, back half of this year the formwards have either dominated, or been competitive in every game
we'll need a replacement, hopefully a minor upgrade, on vave, bu otherwise the forward stocks are the best they've been in years.

backs, on the other hand...

absoutely, back half of this year the formwards have either dominated, or been competitive in every game
we'll need a replacement, hopefully a minor upgrade, on vave, bu otherwise the forward stocks are the best they've been in years.

backs, on the other hand...
You have agreed with the guy who said we have plenty and who was arguing against my point that we need more then in the next sentence say we need 1 more - my initial point.

Which way is it?

giphy.gif

You have agreed with the guy who said we have plenty and who was arguing against my point that we need more then in the next sentence say we need 1 more - my initial point.

Which way is it?

i'm saying forward stocks are healthy this year
but we're losing one
so we'll need one to replace him, in order to continue to be healthy

but i agree that backs are the bigger problem - we're light on this year and losing more next year, so there's quite a few holes to fill

i'm not trying to chose a prime minister, just making a comment :p

it looks like we will be without BJ, Starling and Vave next year so our prop ranks will be weaker. Even Burgess is gone (not effective but), that's 4 who played first grade this year. Replaced by Meehan and ??? so depth is going to be shallow.

Apart from Vave, how many minutes have the rest played? Starling might have played a few but has he been good?

Will we really miss any of them? Or can they be easily replaced with what we got from them?

Apart from Vave, how many minutes have the rest played? Starling might have played a few but has he been good?

Will we really miss any of them? Or can they be easily replaced with what we got from them?

1. Those missing minutes are over 1000 more than Myles, Vave, Starling or Lussick have played so more than 1 NRL props worth gone.

2. what did we get from them?

i'm saying forward stocks are healthy this year
but we're losing one
so we'll need one to replace him, in order to continue to be healthy

but i agree that backs are the bigger problem - we're light on this year and losing more next year, so there's quite a few holes to fill

i'm not trying to chose a prime minister, just making a comment :p

Which is what I said - we need 1 more

you lost me when you were agreeing with the guy arguing with me saying we don't need 1 more

My bad it was supposed to be burgess not lussick.

Bj, Starling Vave and Burgess..

?? we already have Lussick on our books.

We are losing 1.5 props worth of minutes (between the 4 we are losing) to be replaced with Meehan simple as that. To expect this guy to play the 50+ minutes every game and no injuries/suspensions is ridiculous.

We will be play some unknown out of NSW cup at this stage who makes Burgess look like a world beater.

And I would like to wish Starling all the best for the future and thanks for doing your job to the best of your ability at Manly. You will forever be a part of a rare breed, a Manly man.

His ability may not have been as high as some wanted or expected, but he was as good as any other teams 6th or 7th string prop, and he had a go.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6