Josh Reynolds Domestic Violence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL cannot stand him down until charges are formally laid.

The rule states they stand down any player on charges that carry 14 years or more potential jail time.

Hi Nice Beaver,

Well I am pretty sure he is charged, otherwise he wouldn't be facing court on the 18 December. The rule is discretionary to Greenturds personal usage. The 14 year gaol threshold does not apply if it entails violence against women. Again, this power is discretionary (not fixed) so Greenturd has the power to use it as he deems fit.

Ive meet Josh and his partner few times at a BBQ with a work mate that knows Josh from his childhood. He’s a pretty decent and quite articulate bloke. I saw him again shortly after his wife had just lost their twins and they were both not the same fun and smiling people I had meet previously.

People shouldn’t underestimate what a tragedy like that would do to your mental health.

Normally I get very angry at stories of domestic violence .... but for some reason my overriding reaction to this one is saddness ...It bears no relationship to the current situation ... but Just a short human interest story on Reynolds ....

A mate of mine, Big Simmo, is a doggies supporter and a few years ago went to the big smoke with a few likewise deluded mungos to watch a bulldogs game ... anyway, after the game back at some location, they are having a couple when Josh and his partner walk by, Simmo asks him for a photo and a g'day ... but Josh starts to brush them ...

Neck minut .... josh's missus gets up him and starts to say things like these fans pay your wages etc etc ... and a chastised Reynolds sits down with them for a chat ..... 3 times she came back to the table to get him ... and 3 times he says he'll just be a minut ..... he eventually left them after about an hour of laughs and yarns ......

For what it is worth .... Simmo said his missus was delightful and Reynolds a good bloke ....

XMass always highlights relationship tensions due to the unrealistic expectations of joy and abundance for all irrespective of affordability :nerd:

Sadly it's the worst period for DV and the News is already reporting violence and even death in the country :(

I wish Josh and his family a speedy resolution in this tragic year for them :heartbreak:

Hi Nice Beaver,

Well I am pretty sure he is charged, otherwise he wouldn't be facing court on the 18 December. The rule is discretionary to Greenturds personal usage. The 14 year gaol threshold does not apply if it entails violence against women. Again, this power is discretionary (not fixed) so Greenturd has the power to use it as he deems fit.

Sorry, I was wrong with the 14 year threshold.....it is 11 years.

And if charged with an offence carrying that possible sentence, they are automatically stood down. No discretion.

The discretion is for other serious offences with sentences under that if deemed serious by Greenberg.

So I assumed charges had been laid, but the DPP had perhaps not finalised what charges would be pursued in court.

I'm well aware he has to have been at least charged. My thought was what he stands trial for may not have been finalisedby the prosecution.

Innocent until proven guilty ... just a reminder

Only issue is that the NRL Greenturd no fault stand down policy is run like traffic matters, as 'strict liability offences'. You are guilty until you prove your innocence

He’s a pretty decent and quite articulate bloke
Doesn't surprise me at all.
I have no doubt Josh Reynolds is 'a decent bloke'. Nor that AFB and Dylan Walker are decent blokes.
Not saying any of those are guilty (well, AFB pleaded guilty). But the point is, DV continues to occur in the wider community at an alarming rate (at a guess, a higher rate than in NRL) and demonising the perpetrators only serves to disguise the real causes. And it serves to dissuade victims from reporting, because of the stigma on perpetrators.

As to real causes (imho) women are still treated as lesser beings, and the historical treatment of women as possessions of men and subservient to the 'head of the household' still prevails.

Add to that the fact women bear children (most of you will have heard about this) and that this interrupts or stops paid careers, and, well, you can probably fill in the gaps.

Thought of the day: Politicians (including Greenberg) like to posture about getting tough on DV but if sending perpetrators to jail was going to solve the problem it would have been well solved, long, long ago.

Sorry, I was wrong with the 14 year threshold.....it is 11 years.

And if charged with an offence carrying that possible sentence, they are automatically stood down. No discretion.

The discretion is for other serious offences with sentences under that if deemed serious by Greenberg.

So I assumed charges had been laid, but the DPP had perhaps not finalised what charges would be pursued in court.

I'm well aware he has to have been at least charged. My thought was what he stands trial for may not have been finalisedby the prosecution.
I gave you a winners trophy because I don’t think I’ve ever read those first four words anywhere on Silvertails before. o_O

Doesn't surprise me at all.
I have no doubt Josh Reynolds is 'a decent bloke'. Nor that AFB and Dylan Walker are decent blokes.
Not saying any of those are guilty (well, AFB pleaded guilty). But the point is, DV continues to occur in the wider community at an alarming rate (at a guess, a higher rate than in NRL) and demonising the perpetrators only serves to disguise the real causes. And it serves to dissuade victims from reporting, because of the stigma on perpetrators.

As to real causes (imho) women are still treated as lesser beings, and the historical treatment of women as possessions of men and subservient to the 'head of the household' still prevails.

Add to that the fact women bear children (most of you will have heard about this) and that this interrupts or stops paid careers, and, well, you can probably fill in the gaps.

Thought of the day: Politicians (including Greenberg) like to posture about getting tough on DV but if sending perpetrators to jail was going to solve the problem it would have been well solved, long, long ago.

Fair comments SER8, especially that last paragraph.

Any suggestions for a solution? The obvious stuff does not seem to be working.

Not really, nothing simple anyway!

I suggested in the same post:
"As to real causes (imho) women are still treated as lesser beings, and the historical treatment of women as possessions of men and subservient to the 'head of the household' still prevails."

If true, and this entrenched ‘man head of household/men more dominant/women should obey men’ bull**** has anything to do with it, then free 24 hour childcare might be a start.

Best I can think of is blokes shaming other blokes for it - much like pedophilia. And mothers stopping defending their sons for it.

Last edited:
The NRL cannot stand him down until charges are formally laid.

The rule states they stand down any player on charges that carry 14 years or more potential jail time.

A person can do some pretty messed up things that result in a 13 year prison term.

Its just such a strange rule I feel only Todd could concoct.

I think when he announced it it was 11 years - plus a discretion for any lesser offences against women - and I had exactly the same thought as you.
Given that the context was Hayne and DeBelin and also Walker getting charged with offences against women, it struck me that Greenberg was tacitly attempting to codify the rugby league 'common law'. Which is that all good blokes will punch on with one another at times as it is the good blokey thing to do, but beware if you raise a finger against a female.
Most charges for people getting in pub blues will be common assault, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, or affray, max penalties respectively 2, 5 and 10 years. I couldn't help thinking this was in Greenberg's calculations. Because there is actually no offence that carries his cut off point of an 11 year maximum.

Wests Tigers playmaker Josh Reynolds will argue that "bruising" found on his ex-partner was not the result of violence, but instead a side-effect of "medication" she had been taking.

This is a test for Greenturd. Others have been stood down and found not guilty. Is he going to stand Reynolds down or prejudge he is not guilty?

I know “consistency is overrated” and all that but Greenberg has backed himself in a corner and had to stand Reynolds down imo.

Given his age and contract status this could well cost Reynolds his career. Whether he is guilty or not the allegation will stick to him in the same way Snake’s did and that will significantly harm his ability to make money after football. This will be exacerbated by images of him sitting on the sidelines which will add to the perception of guilt.

A huge price to pay for a potentially innocent man and a good example of why the no fault stand down rule hasn’t been properly thought through.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4