Josh Perry to miss rest of Super League season after hamstring surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
INJURY-JINXED Australian prop Josh Perry will miss the rest of the Super League season after being told he needs to undergo hamstring surgery.

The former Manly Sea Eagles forward is facing three months on the sidelines.

The 30-year-old, who is in his first year with St Helens, sustained the injury in the early stages of the Saints' 28-14 win over Hull last Friday and will have an operation later this week.

It is the latest blow in an injury-ravaged 12 months for Perry, who missed the opening month of the English season while recovering from a broken leg.

"He'll feel disappointed about his first season in England. He's bounced from one injury to another," coach Royce Simmonds said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/aussie-prop-josh-perry-to-miss-rest-of-super-league-season-after-hamstring-surgery/story-e6frexnr-1226088610541

Tough crowd WAMF!!!

Any player (and that includes Ox) that helps Manly win a premiership (particularly one with a 40-nil scoreline) earns lifetime respect in my eyes!!!

Get well soon Josh.

Unlike others, it's good to read that you're not saying Ox won the GF for us Blowfly. Both should be shown respect, but they were both team players in a great Manly team.

Really liked Ted when he was with us, quality player. Hope he gets over this injury bug & comes back strong next year.

I liked Ted sometimes and hated him at other times. That sort of summed up his play for us. Hot and cold. When he was hot he was very good for us. Anyway it's always bad to hear of an injury to a former Manly player so I hope he keeps the weight off and plays again.

We could use a Perry type player this year. George has sort of filled it but Perry was more intimidating IMO. I still reckon we need 1 more big bopper!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4