Josh Curran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Left in the reserves this weekend for the warriors

This is the same bloke who pushed Tohu Harris out of the 13 jersey for the Warriors originally and carved up last couple seasons.

Would fit perfectly into the manly #13 with Jake now at #10.

Middle of Curran, Jake, Paseka, Aloiai and Keppie/Bullemor is pretty handy.

Could be the missing piece in our pack

Isn't he still facing assault charges ?
A two-day court date has been set in Port Macquarie for Warriors' forward Josh Curran to fight assault charges dating back to October last year.

Curran has been charged with reckless grievous bodily harm, assault occasioning bodily harm, theft as well as larceny over an incident at Altitude nightclub in Port Macquarie on NRL Grand Final night last year.

Documents state that Curran allegedly assaulted an individual between 3:00 am and 3:30 am, as well as stealing the victim's $1700 phone during the melee.

Curran plead not guilty to the charges late last year, and will now face a Port Macquarie court on June 26-27th.

So is Lawton, if given a go in that spot.
If we look deeper, there is a very versatile Samuela Fainu who has more upside than both put together and is not far off a shot in FG.
He plays backrow in general, but when I look and see the likes of Aloiai in the 13 jersey, fainu is Far more versatile and was actually a halfback in the juniors....just outgrew the position.

It's great that we have so many options @maxta Lawton was also initially a half. He was an outstanding five-eight as a junior before the Titans picked him up and converted him into a hooker. The Warriors signed him as a five-eight/hooker, played him in the back row, and used him in the centres. I always thought he would make an excellent ball-playing lock when I watched him as a junior. Back then, he played a lot like a younger Foran, digging deep into the line, taking some substantial hits, and defending like a terrier. Maybe the answer is to start Lawton as lock and bring Fainu in after 20-25 minutes. Essentially, job sharing that spot?

Last edited:
Its great that we have so many options @maxta Lawton was also originally a half. He was outstanding five eight as a junior, before the Titans picked him up and converted him into a hooker. The Warriors signed him as a fiveeight/hooker, played him in the backrow, and also used him in the centres. When I was watching him as a junior, I always thought he would make a good ball playing lock. Back then he played a lot like a younger Foran, digging deep into the line, taking some very solid hits, and defending like a terrior. Maybe the answer is to start Lawton as lock, and bring Fainu in after 20-25 minutes. Essentially, job sharing that spot?
Well Lawton made an impact from game 1 at Manly and only unlucky injuries have had him out of the 17.....he is a quality footballer and tough, I have no dissing of Lawton in the 17 at any time and there have been times when available and I see the likes of Boyle there instead, have been left scratching the head....Fainu is truly a talented "young' player who will bloom into a definite NRL player who will be another Manly junior to make a mark - give him time.

I'd be happy for a straight swap Curran for Aloia ... even if Curran has concussion issues.
Curran for Aloiai, throw in Woods, Boyle, Dias, Condon and any other dud plodders we have bought this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4