Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Josh Aloiai

manlyfan76

Parra Trolls are the best.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully his first game at Brookie is as good as Josh Perry's.

The better Robbo

Reaction score
Seems a real good bloke and genuinely happy and excited to be here. I think we will have a very likable side next year. Guys like Aloiai, Saab, Tuiponua, Schuster are all likable characters on top of Jake, Marty and Turbo etc

Shane4500

Reaction score
Seems a real good bloke and genuinely happy and excited to be here. I think we will have a very likable side next year. Guys like Aloiai, Saab, Tuiponua, Schuster are all likable characters on top of Jake, Marty and Turbo etc
As long as we are likeable off it and mongrel dogs on it and prepared to do whatever it takes to win. Take no prisoners was always my motto and hopefully it is Manly's in 2021.

The better Robbo

Reaction score
As long as we are likeable off it and mongrel dogs on it and prepared to do whatever it takes to win. Take no prisoners was always my motto and hopefully it is Manly's in 2021.
I think with Keppie, Aloiai, Gosiewski we have a bit of aggression. Olakau-atu also looks like a goer and won't take a backwards step and Cust and Walker add a real competitive attitude too so I think we should have that mongrel next year. Add guys like Foran, Jake, Turbo and Chez we have a team of competitors next year. I really can't find a weak link other than our #9

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think with Keppie, Aloiai, Gosiewski we have a bit of aggression. Olakau-atu also looks like a goer and won't take a backwards step and Cust and Walker add a real competitive attitude too so I think we should have that mongrel next year. Add guys like Foran, Jake, Turbo and Chez we have a team of competitors next year. I really can't find a weak link other than our #9

It’s come together pretty well but 9 is the really big issue and it won’t go away.

Batty

Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that Josh will play prop for us?

Wondering if Des is thinking to move him back into the 2nd row where he started with the Tigers...?

Freagle

Reaction score
Just a sideline thing really - but Aloiai seems to have bulked up a whole lot in the past three or so seasons. Still listed as a relatively small forward though, at 106kg. He LOOKS bigger than that...can anyone confirm that he’s a real prop size, and the 106kg is what he weighed when he first started?
Not a real issue I guess, but I figure we are losing a monster in AFB, and wondering if we are replacing like for like, or if he’ll have a slightly different role.

maxta

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a sideline thing really - but Aloiai seems to have bulked up a whole lot in the past three or so seasons. Still listed as a relatively small forward though, at 106kg. He LOOKS bigger than that...can anyone confirm that he’s a real prop size, and the 106kg is what he weighed when he first started?
Not a real issue I guess, but I figure we are losing a monster in AFB, and wondering if we are replacing like for like, or if he’ll have a slightly different role.
To be honest Freagle - there's no replacing AFB as a Hulk like front rower, built on raw power and robust strength through the line.
Though Aloiai like every other prop bar Papalli can not match those lofty attributes, he does bring something extra and something very important in the modern game....he will run with full aggression and FIGHT for that Fast play the ball...oftrn AFB would carry 3-4 players making 5-6 post contact metres, but play the ball at turtles pace, Aloiai is all energy and this is a component that will create much needed space to our halves and the likes of Tom T, which I believe will be his role and 1 that benefits the team in a big way.

Leader of the Flock

Reaction score
Global Eagle re post 562

FYI- I now hate you and I understand why Mr Hat has spat the dummy and is now not talking to you; so jealous, bluebird and uncrowded, bast*rd!

PS Where is that?

Freagle

Reaction score
To be honest Freagle - there's no replacing AFB as a Hulk like front rower, built on raw power and robust strength through the line.
Though Aloiai like every other prop bar Papalli can not match those lofty attributes, he does bring something extra and something very important in the modern game....he will run with full aggression and FIGHT for that Fast play the ball...oftrn AFB would carry 3-4 players making 5-6 post contact metres, but play the ball at turtles pace, Aloiai is all energy and this is a component that will create much needed space to our halves and the likes of Tom T, which I believe will be his role and 1 that benefits the team in a big way.
Nice one - thanks Maxta. As you say, perhaps more suited to the modern game, then!

HoldenV8

Reaction score
The burning question now is who will get first crack at the vacant front row spot?

Taniela Paseka or Josh Aloiai? Right now I'm inclined to think that Paseka has the inside running, but it will also go on who Des and co. think had the better pre-season. But whoever does start, the other will at the very least be first drop prop on the bench alongside Keppie.

Batty

Reaction score
Either the work experience kid hit the wrong button or here we have our nasty big fast edge back rower we need?
Nah - below it says he’s a prop and intends to be used as one... was just stirring the pot.
Thought Dessie maybe thinking left field.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18