Jorge Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Again with this crap .... 99.9999% of all tries scored by wingers ... are a result of either a missed tackle in field ... or a numbers miss read in field .... usually resulting in the defending winger having to push up and in ... often in a forlorn hope to cut the attack off ....it is a part of the defensive structure ... same thing happened to Garrick on the other side .... also same thing that happened when Jorge scored his try for .... also same thing that happens in 7 other games every week ....

It's like Deja Vu all over again or Groundhog day ...

Again with this crap .... 99.9999% of all tries scored by wingers ... are a result of either a missed tackle in field ... or a numbers miss read in field .... usually resulting in the defending winger having to push up and in ... often in a forlorn hope to cut the attack off ....it is a part of the defensive structure ... same thing happened to Garrick on the other side .... also same thing that happened when Jorge scored his try for .... also same thing that happens in 7 other games every week ....

It's like Deja Vu all over again or Groundhog day ...
Yeah I get that Woodsie but how do we continually get stripped for numbers?
There was one time when we chased a kick and made a tackle 20m out from their line and then on the 2nd tackle they pushed the ball wide and got a 4 on 2...!
All night it seemed that every time they went right we were scrambling and short on numbers, It makes no sense?
I get that when we are defending our line than you need to crowd the centre to get extra defenders around the ruck but it was happening all up and down the park... surely it is just a case of not marking up effectively by our backs?

I'm confused here. Garrick has been going backwards post contact almost 75% of the time. He is not fast. He has shown minimal aerial skills. He ain't doing no spectacular one hand, rest of body in the air over the sidelines put downs, and he is kicking low 60%. You are setting the bar too low for what we want from a winger.
I am not sure if you watch Fox Sports but it is Garricks try from last year that features on their highlight reel (not Katoa, or Sivo or whoever)... I am not sure how you watched him run down Naden and think hes not fast either... he is also pretty hand at positioning himself well In support... his kicking has been ordinary but not the last 3 weeks and he throws a decent pass... Garrick is not the guy I would spend money upgrading, there are others that i would look at 1st...
Having said that, it is not like Garrick doesnt need to work on aspects of his game, of course he does...

Yeah I get that Woodsie but how do we continually get stripped for numbers?

Mate ... I played either the old outside centre or wing and scored my fair share of meat pies ... of course I always took the credit for brilliant play later on at the pub .... but seriously 80% of the time a hand wasn't laid on me because the real players inside had set up an overlap ... and nothing has changed ...

At training just about all the drills were aimed at isolating the winger with a 2 on 1 situation ... and nothing has changed ...

Watch the 2 games today and I can almost guarantee you will see a few tries scored exactly the same way ... and nothing has changed ...

But for some reason ... at Silvertails .... it only ever happens to Jorge and it is all his fault ...

Mate ... I played either the old outside centre or wing and scored my fair share of meat pies ... of course I always took the credit for brilliant play later on at the pub .... but seriously 80% of the time a hand wasn't laid on me because the real players inside had set up an overlap ... and nothing has changed ...

At training just about all the drills were aimed at isolating the winger with a 2 on 1 situation ... and nothing has changed ...

Watch the 2 games today and I can almost guarantee you will see a few tries scored exactly the same way ... and nothing has changed ...

But for some reason ... at Silvertails .... it only ever happens to Jorge and it is all his fault ...
I realise that Woods and you will see by my posts that I dont blame the winger as he just gets left holding the can... but i am sure you agree that you should never be able to go 2 passes from the PTB and have a 4 on 2 - that is just lazy players not getting into position! Even if players are running decoys, there should be enough trust to not follow an attacker back into the ruck when you are defending in their half.
It is just poor decisionmaking and a lack of trust in each other - and bad positional play...

Nope i don't think Naden is fast. I think Garrick's is all wrong for a modern winger. He looks too heavy and he is very slow changing direction. He is also pretty slow off the mark- no acceleration. Maybe his top speed is ok, but it takes a long time to get there. He isn't that strong aerially either. It limits the plays you can use him for. I would suggest watching him more closely over the next few weeks before telling me im wrong.
Not saying you're wrong, I just dont agree that he is not a more than capable winger... we all have an opinion and we just dont agree on Garrick...
We do agree that he has to stop getting held up and marched back 10m tho so common ground there Rabbi...

Jorge is cooked, brings nothing to the table In 2020.

it’s a shame coz he is a loyal clubmen.
But it’s not like he is the first player ever who should be put out to pasture despite his loyalty and the age it says on his birth certificate.

I realise that Woods and you will see by my posts that I dont blame the winger as he just gets left holding the can... but i am sure you agree that you should never be able to go 2 passes from the PTB and have a 4 on 2 - that is just lazy players not getting into position! Even if players are running decoys, there should be enough trust to not follow an attacker back into the ruck when you are defending in their half.
It is just poor decisionmaking and a lack of trust in each other - and bad positional play...

Agree ... but that's what fatigue, and players in motion will create ... indecision .... same for us when Tom gets involved ... sometimes it is the skill of the attacking team and play makers ... sometimes it is a case of 2 plays the same way catching out defenders shuffling across to cover, sometimes it is simply the case of a faster player getting on the outside of a defender ... and sometimes it is the incompetence of the defending team .... that's footy ... it will ever be thus ...

Just on Jorge v Bella....I've never seen Jorgey boy play the ball whilst facing his own goal-line, and I do remember big Marty doing that once.

Jorge 1
Bella 0

Add DWZ from the Dogs to the list. Lmao

Seriously, if you put every player from every NRL club who played on the wing this past weekend into a 100 metre foot race (all 32 of them) ... Reuben Garrick would finish in the top 5-6. Jorge on the other hand would be lucky if he didn't finish dead last with probably his main competition being from the Cronulla winger who almost got brought down by that red headed Brisbane prop.

Yet in games, more often than not Jorge is at least getting the ball for runs on his wing while we have Garrick out there twiddling his thumbs because the ball rarely gets past Siro or Suli. Then he gets criticised for either not being involved, or when he does go looking for the ball he gets ragdolled by forwards in the middle of the field.

I get the loyalty to Jorge, I really do. But I'd rather be winning games and to do that you need to have the best team out there that is available. And right now we have better than Jorge (or at least, potentially better. We won't know until they get a chance) sitting around doing nothing while he continually gets picked. Wingers aren't the most important players in a side, but you still want ones there who are an asset and Jorge, truth be told, is no longer an asset. He's more of a liability.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4