Jorge Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have been sticking up for him but tonight was inexcusable. He came in too early when he didn't have too, his inside man got to the tackle but Jorge left his opposite winger unmarked.

He flys in off his wing looking for a big hit. He was often tonight stuck in no man's land, has no idea. I suggest people watch the replay again, he did not need to come in at least two or three times tonight
I actually do think we need more impact from our wingers and I am not saying Jorge didnt get things wrong at times tonight but his inside players let him down time and again (or maybe they didnt and they were just defending the way Des wants them too)

Yes its a coached thing even as far back as wolfman but Fark ME you cant do it week in week out he looks lost all the time, constant poor reads by him you cant pin it all on des,s winger in defence jorge shoulders alot of the blame his style of play is outdated in the NRL even a rookie with 2 games under his belt made him look woeful tonight

A few times caught for numbers and needed to hold the line and allow his inside man to come across instead of panicking. But there were a couple of times just ran in for no reason
I have to rewatch the game and have a better look.. but again.. split seconds to decide whether to hold or jam.. its tough to defend in those situations time and time again.. especially when its naden and staines vs Parker and taufua. Too much speed

Yes its a coached thing even as far back as wolfman but Fark ME you cant do it week in week out he looks lost all the time, constant poor reads by him you cant pin it all on des,s winger in defence jorge shoulders alot of the blame his style of play is outdated in the NRL even a rookie with 2 games under his belt made him look woeful tonight
But you also cant blame Jorge for Parker rushing up to miss a tackle that leaves 2 (and somehow 3 sometimes) on 1...

I have to rewatch the game and have a better look.. but again.. split seconds to decide whether to hold or jam.. its tough to defend in those situations time and time again.. especially when its naden and staines vs Parker and taufua. Too much speed
I'm not saying your wrong... our whole centres/wing set-up needs a re-think imo...

I actually do think we need more impact from our wingers and I am not saying Jorge didnt get things wrong at times tonight but his inside players let him down time and again (or maybe they didnt and they were just defending the way Des wants them too)
I agree too. Crocker is such a bad defender on that side, he doesn't move up and gets caught out.

It use to be the best defence in the comp that side after 6 rds when walker was defending there. He had enough pace to move up and not let his opponent get around him

I hear ya mate but hes always rushed in always ! his timing used to be great and he would put on a good hit but now hes becoming older and slower teams are just targeting him more and more and its embarassing des needs to tweak something there soon or its just gonnna be groundhog day everyweek

Last edited:
But you also cant blame Jorge for Parker rushing up to miss a tackle that leaves 2 (and somehow 3 sometimes) on 1...
Exactly.. they say all wingers should hold their wing. Opposite number on their inside shoulder. If I was jorge I would just do that from now on then he won't cop the blame.. the inside men will be at fault and opposition will have an easier kick for conversions.

6th all time try scorer one try behind Jamie.
Scores tries no one else can.
Hits people hard in defence.
Has great hair.
Sings the team song with gusto.

I want him in the side.

Disagree... Look I like how you support Jorge but its gotten out of hand how bad he is in defence - there isnt a single winger in the competition who comes off their wing more than him. There literally isnt...

Either he is absolutely clueless in defence and has no idea (very likely) or all he cares about is that big hit. I hope Des tells him one big hit for his highlights reel isn't worth the 12+ tries hes conceded us this season. Its getting embarrassing watching him put the jersey on...

I hate saying this too... I love how much he has committed to the club but one has to think it is obviously not like he was in demand by other clubs, for a reason too. He has declined so much from 2012-2015 days.

6th all time try scorer one try behind Jamie.
Scores tries no one else can.
Hits people hard in defence.
Has great hair.
Sings the team song with gusto.

I want him in the side.
Darius boyd would have one of the highest try scoring records in this competition at the moment. Is he good? No.

Jorge has been a passenger for 3+ seasons now... this isn't something new, its just something that has perpetuated to get out of hand now. Suliasi pulled his pants down i nround 1, staines and naden did it today. Imagine howmany tries he will cost us come finals time.

It gives me no pleasure in being correct about the need to replace Jorge. Even in the early stages the 'Riff targeted him with kicks, and we were lucky to get away with a no-try ruling when Jorge spilt a kick. Then every Cleary kick was to his wing.
He is just no longer the style of winger that cuts it these days.
We need a tall, fast winger.
Also a fast and skilful centre. I'm not sold on Suli; he's just a big body.
I've never been a Walker fan and his 10 minutes on the field tonight did nothing to change my opinion.
I have no doubt we have the least effective outside backs in the comp (maybe on par with Canterbury); such a pity as our backline used to be the hallmark of the Manly of old.
We have nothing to lose by trying some of our younger players.

It gives me no pleasure in being correct about the need to replace Jorge. Even in the early stages the 'Riff targeted him with kicks, and we were lucky to get away with a no-try ruling when Jorge spilt a kick. Then every Cleary kick was to his wing.
I've never been a Walker fan and his 10 minutes on the field tonight did nothing to change my opinion.
I have no doubt we have the least effective outside backs in the comp (maybe on par with Canterbury); such a pity as our backline used to be the hallmark of the Manly of old.
me too mate. I wish Jorge was great but simply put he would not be near any other starting side in the competition. Same for Elliott and Croker.

I like Suli but he has gone missing.. he is a momentum player (see: dominated Rabbitohs in finals last time)... he is never a dig deep player which I think we surely knew when he copped the 550k extension.

We really need to throw the book at Jason Saab. Billy Magoulias would be a good thommo replacement. Id persist with Walker at Centre, and if he gets injured its just a reason for Albert / Harper / Funa / Schuster to get a gig next year. Need to put faith in youth.

I sadly agree with Jorge but I do think Walker is good (at centre) and Suli is not getting enough early ball to show anything - EVERY time he caught a pass tonight the defence were already on him... when he gets a chance to wind up he is dangerous

The difference is when Tom is playing he returns it for 20m, gets a quick play the ball. Jorge makes 10m more then we are go to go
Got to disagree. TT runs the ball to the line and takes the tackle. I can't remember where he has run at pace broke the line or run 20 except when it is been a long kick deep and the team attacking don't have a defensive line in place.

Got to disagree. TT runs the ball to the line and takes the tackle. I can't remember where he has run at pace broke the line or run 20 except when it is been a long kick deep and the team attacking don't have a defensive line in place.
Turbo does surrender alot.. 9 out of ten times. Think its cos of his hammys

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4