Jorge Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bennyeagle said:
This will s**t me to tears if we lose wolfman !

Yeah you are right. the club should consult all the fans and get there preferences, and sign them in the order that suits the most people.

If you want to play that argument, then the club should hold off on signing anyone until Brett signs......

Be thankful that we have signed a young player with a big future ahead.

The sky is falling

He's been pretty good, he's only a youngster and will get better. I can't understand why some posters put **** on him, sure he's got plenty to learn but he's signed til 2014. Some are quick to pass judgement.

He's like John hopoate without the grubbiness I like him. I'm sure the coaching staff are working on his placement in defense and his positioning for kicks.

Kiwi Eagle said:
bennyeagle said:

Ridiculous, he will be one of the lowest paid in our squad
What are your thoughts on him KE. He's the type of player
I would assume ud be a fan of

For a bloke I had never heard of 6 months ago to where he is now, I think it is a pretty good start to a career

Plenty to work on but I like the willingness to work and the fact he doesn't go into his shell after an error

bennyeagle said:

The five games wolfman plays for us each year are awesome, I'd prefer a guy that plays most of the season instead

The kids only 20 ffs!!! Only a handful of 1st grade games and hasnt played much wing. Damaging ball runner and with a bit more experience, hopefully hel improve under the high ball. Seems to be a humble young bloke and I for one hope can prove all the knockers wrong.

We can't keep everyone we want but we are sure aren't going to sign someone we don't want. We want Jorge, and for good reason.

I don't care where whare is going or which old field oldfield will call home next year, Jorge will be an Eagle and that is great news.

Dan79 said:
bennyeagle said:

Yeah you are right. the club should consult all the fans and get there preferences, and sign them in the order that suits the most people.

If you want to play that argument, then the club should hold off on signing anyone until Brett signs......

The sky is falling

Never said the sky was falling. Tafua is a great young player with alot of potential, its just my opinion but i would have loved to have seen wolfs signature before tafuas, may be pickish/selfish of me but i do love the wolf (as injury prone as he is) you are correct, any signing is a good one, and i am gratefull for that.

He just needs to learn to absolutely smash attacking players leaping for the ball. It needs to become his trademark,

The best thing about Jorge is that he will be with the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for another two and a half years at least. We don't have to worry about him going to the rooters, the chihuahuas etc.
Young bloke with heaps of potential that nobody had playing in firsts this year. With time will form probably the scariest left sided attack in the comp with Kfoz and magic!!!

swoop said:
He's been pretty good, he's only a youngster and will get better. I can't understand why some posters put s**t on him, sure he's got plenty to learn but he's signed til 2014. Some are quick to pass judgement.

His only downfall is his ability under the cross field kick, which alot of posters will crucify him for and I'm sure he could rectify this over the coming months. His attacking stats are always pretty good - runs hard, attracts plenty of defenders and has good footwork. Good signing for us imo.

nothing like wingers that can take the ball up and make plenty of yardage. Has been quiet in a few games, but in general has showed a lot of potential. Maybe he is a centre in the future.

bennyeagle said:
Dan79 said:
bennyeagle said:

The sky is falling

Never said the sky was falling. Tafua is a great young player with alot of potential, its just my opinion but i would have loved to have seen wolfs signature before tafuas, may be pickish/selfish of me but i do love the wolf (as injury prone as he is) you are correct, any signing is a good one, and i am gratefull for that.

I may have been a little dramatic. I thought it was a good signing hence I jumped on you.
There are others I wish would sign sooner, but that's how it works.
There is to much negativity in this place, hence the sky is falling comment. Last night was a great example of that, lose by a penalty, and missed conversion, all of a sudden we can't go b2b...chinup people, the envy of the league everyone wants a piece of manly, can't be to bad a club

SeaEagleRock8 said:
We can't keep everyone we want but we are sure aren't going to sign someone we don't want. We want Jorge, and for good reason.

I don't care where whare is going or which old field oldfield will call home next year, Jorge will be an Eagle and that is great news.

Good call. Oldfield can throw on some old joggers & go train on an old field on Old South Head Rd with a bunch of oldies watching on...

Cameron said:
He's like John hopoate without the grubbiness I like him. I'm sure the coaching staff are working on his placement in defense and his positioning for kicks.

Yep, my thoughts a well. He can catch, run fast, make good metres & break or elude tackles.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6