Jorge out for two months

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Sea Eagles winger Jorge Taufua has suffered an unfortunate setback in his bid to return for the start of the 2015 season.

Taufua sustained a chondral lesion in his right knee at training this morning and is expected to miss the opening two months of the NRL season.

The destructive winger was hopeful of an early return from a shoulder injury but will now undergo surgery to clean up loose cartilage in his right knee.

He will go under the knife on Monday and begin rehabilitation immediately following the procedure.

“Jorge was training sensationally after shoulder surgery and was on course for an early return, but this has put him back a fair bit,” Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey said.

“We’ve got a great medical team here at the Sea Eagles and while it’s disappointing, we know Jorge will be back fitter and stronger than ever when he eventually returns.”

Time for some Gutho!

Bad news for Jorge, but maybe a blessing in disguise. More game time for Blair/Gutho. I would love to see a fully fit and stress free Wolfie have a BIG year this year!

No. If I was Toovey, I'd put on my trench coat, wig, Groucho glasses and moustache, quietly infiltrate Parra's fortress of gloom and slip Jorge's resume under Brad Arthur's door.

He'll replace P-Rex when fit, if P still has it

Wolf, Tom turbo, Guthbos haircut, Blair Cuthbo to the wing after 3 rounds of P-rex letting tries in

Unlucky for Horhay, was hoping he would bounce back to 2013 form this year now that his shoulder was right.

At this stage I'd prefer Blair to Morrissey, based on what I saw end of last season.

That sucks for Jorge, Im sure he has been training hard for this season. It was evident that shoulder injury was causing him grief in '14.

Guess blair and/or Gutho get some solid game time. 2 quality players.

I'd say either gutho or blair. I'm a big fan of blair. hopefully tom t gets some game time this year too. keep the young bloke hungry and involved. Maybe back end of the year.

Unfortunate news for Jorge as he appeared to be doing so well in his recovery. Could have a silver lining though as Gutherson, Blair, Wolfman, have a chance to stake a claim. Also when Jorge is fit again he will know his "A" game will be needed to regain his spot. Wish him the best in his recovery once again.

I guess losing a player in a position where you have the most depth isn't too bad - some of you guys a bit harsh on Jorge he was a machine in 2013 when fully fit

Short memories and fickle fans here Wheel.

Horhay was almost playing origin before his injury, now he is 10th at the club in some people minds

As said previously at least we have plenty of quality cover here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7