Jorge and Aussie Gossy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The sad thing is that at this time last year, Jetski was firming as our long term left edge back rower (at that time, Siro had the right side to himself).

As @Snake said above, it wasn't that he doesn't have the ability because we've seen in the past that he definitely can play well. Its that in the past couple of years he just can't seem to string more than 2-3 games together at a time before he gets injured and is out for a month or two.

As it stands right now though, he's pretty much strictly backup material at Manly with Schuster and Olakau'atu having proven their worth this year. And unfortunately for Jack, unlike Siro who is actually in the same boat but who has size on his side (6'5 and 110 kg compared to 6'3 and 95 kg), repurposing him as a middle forward simply wouldn't work.

If Jetski stayed at Manly, unless there were injuries then I would see his future largely at Blacktown. Cronulla might be a good move for him. Who knows, maybe a change of scenery might help him?

Yeah I quite like him as a player but this has sure been an issue throughout his career, very much like Siro.
The game is so soft nowadays blah blah I think not! But durability has to be one of the factors taken into account in assessing a player.
There's always that big decision though - here'a a guy who has shown determination to battle through, now has experience and is surely (maybe) surely! due a run of good luck... ??? Croker is one in that category who does seem to have turned the corner injury wise.
Gutho was in dire straits when it came to injuries and he has strung a few seasons together now. It's not impossible.

One thing that concerns me about him is his one big error each game; a crucial drop ball or a bad missed tackle; Melbourne don't have players like that at their club.

The problem is not so much his ability, it's his injuries. He needed to string a solid season of FG games together without disruption (1-2 weeks is not the end of the world, but he misses 2-3 months at a time). If he could have played large chunks of footy, I think we would have seen a pretty decent player but when you are constantly on the comeback trail, timing is out, confidence is low, combinations are raw, etc.

I just don't think we can risk him anymore; his body isn't up to it.

Exactly right, on a decent string of games he was showing some value, especially running a hard line off the halves creating issues for the defence when he actually caught the ball

Another thing that’s didn’t go in his favour was constantly covering in the centres during games

Not saying he had as much talent or ability, but he always reminds me of a young Watmough, he was nicknamed Blue arse in his early days on here because he tried to do everything at Max efforts which inevitable led to cock ups

I didn’t mind Jack for a while there but like most have said injuries, inconsistency and crucial errors have marred is time with us. I hope he does well wherever he lands and that he gets another break somewhere.

Now, hit the road Jack, and don’t ya come back no more……

One thing that concerns me about him is his one big error each game; a crucial drop ball or a bad missed tackle;
The drop balls and errors are just not good enough. The missed tackles "could" improve with constant game time but.

The drop balls and errors are just not good enough. The missed tackles "could" improve with constant game time but.
You make a good point because it is all about the Legendary high Manly standards that we must keep up to being the Number one club

Manly high standards perspective time ...

Missed try opportunities because one does not have the pace or the skill to break the line or drops the ball over the line
Is just as mediocre as missing a tackle

There are positions in our team that can be improved by higher quality players

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8