Jorge and Aussie Gossy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the Rorters are keen on Jorge the club would be serving Jorge well by letting him go, gives Jorge a chance to show case his skills.

Jetski same opinion let him go if he has a chance.

If it was to happen the club have a chance in negotiating other players, Egan Butcher for Jorge.

Hard to find any info from the NRL so does anyone know if the Roosters have room to sign him?Obviously they’ll get some dispensation

Hmm I like the idea of freeing up a little cap space and like the thought of letting Jorge put himself in the shop window.

But dont like the idea of helping a direct rival in the Roosters and.....as much as I hate saying this our depth in the backrow aint great and we may just need Gosie (ugh yuck)

When you have to go and sign another player to accumulate the mandatory 30 man squad and the one you're letting go is not on decent coin, you don't free up cap space, you just shift sideways with a new player that is either on the same amount or less...if they're on less, they probably aren't a better player than the one you're letting go of, so it's a loss, not a gain.

The only way this will materialise is if the club feel like getting Taufua a game. It'll be a welfare package for Taufua and the Roosters, if anything; not a business decision.

I'd love to see Horhay given a chance to play first grade again, and if that is with the Roosters so be it. He deserves to go out as a first grader not languishing in an extended squad running opposed sessions because Covid prevents him from playing any footy.

The Roosters are seeking to bolster their back line before the August 1 transfer deadline. Their hit list is headlined by two Manly wingers, Taufua and Tevita Funa, who have been identified as potential fill-ins for the absence of Brett Morris (retired), Joseph Suaalii (foot), Matt Ikuvalu (ankle) and Billy Smith (foot).

Roosters coach Trent Robinson has had to recall Josh Morris and name Adam Keighran in the centres for Thursday’s clash with Parramatta, but requires reinforcements as the finals approach.
Taufua has 163 NRL appearances, including a grand final, and has represented Tonga and Samoa. However, like Funa, the winger has been unable to break into a form Sea Eagles back line. Funa has made 15 first-grade appearances since his debut last year and is another option for Robinson, given he is off-contract at the end of the season.

When you have to go and sign another player to accumulate the mandatory 30 man squad and the one you're letting go is not on decent coin, you don't free up cap space, you just shift sideways with a new player that is either on the same amount or less...if they're on less, they probably aren't a better player than the one you're letting go of, so it's a loss, not a gain.

The only way this will materialise is if the club feel like getting Taufua a game. It'll be a welfare package for Taufua and the Roosters, if anything; not a business decision.
Just promote dev players into the available spots.. it may not be much in terms of savings but it's still something. It's not like either player are likely to be used anyway

I wonder if this loan system comes in whether the players they take can play against their “parent”club because at this stage,for argument sake,Roosters won’t play Manly unless they meet in the GF

Hard to find any info from the NRL so does anyone know if the Roosters have room to sign him?Obviously they’ll get some dispensation

Is that a serious question
When have the Roosters struggled to fit players in.
There is a young bloke running around who hasn't played first grade yet on $1,200,000 that will be sacked for a covid breach freeing up plenty of space.

Absolutely not release them to the Chooks. Or Souths or Eels, or any team we are due to play in the run home.
On one of the shows tonite there was some mention of urgent talks at NRL about emergency loans so clubs have enough to name their teams. It would not be for the finals, only the remaining rounds.
Again, in emergency pandemic mode, be flexible. But not to disadvantage Manly, that would be crazy!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6