• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thoughts on the current kerfuffle involving poor old Alan ??

Not a fan, but I can't help thinking he is loving all the attention. I sincerely doubt that this current campaign will even register on the radar of his fiefdom, if anything it will stiffen their resolve and make them listen even more fervently.

I do laugh at all these advertisers pulling their involvement with his show. If they were seriously offended they would pull their advertising from 2GB altogether. A fair bit of mock indignation going on there, about as sincere as Alan's apology.

I can see the upshot of this scandal being Alan going on one of his famous campaigns, championing for greater government control of social media. You can see that he is rankled by the fact his sphere of influence doesn't extend to cyberspace.

One of the worst comments ever made by a shock jock, but in a few weeks it will all be forgotten, that seems the modern way doesn't it. I bet there are more people listening to him than ever so he'd be secretly smiling. And the advertisers will be back, as soon as the cyberspace heat dies down they will be back on air.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2