Jon Wilkin - Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys - I don't know if this has any legs or truth to it, but during the season, a guy went on MSE I believe under the user name Saints Something, and said Lyon mentioned he was wanting to sign with Manly when able, and that he may bring a friend with him named Jon Wilkin. Apparently this guy said he chats to Lyon quite frequently at their repective Leagues Club. The thread was immediately (at the time) deleted from MSE. Here are Wilkin's stats.

Jon Wilkin

Signed for St. Helens from Hull KR at the end of 2002, Jon is one of Britain 's most promising Back Row forwards who, at 22, has begun to match the high expectations he generated as a teenager.

He has progressed swiftly through the international development system, having represented England Academy in 2002, England in 2004 and was named in the Great Britain squad for the 2005 Gillette Tri-Nations.

Jon scored his first hat-trick for Saints in the final match of 2005 against Bradford Bulls.

Well - I aint for having poms in the team. I wonder if this shows why the club are pretty quiet on the 2nd rower / lock signing front. Reason I say this, is that if Manly REALLY wants a plaer, they generally get their man...

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Got to admit, never heard of the guy, but if Lyon likes him, its alright by me, rather that than a mediocre flunky from the roosters etc

Wasn't this guy named last year as a possible signing for Manly? Sounds like MSE BS to me.

We have some great poms over the years Hugh Waddell, Andy Goodway, Bernard Dwyer - may be this Wilkin could be as good as this illustrious trio

[quote author=Matabele]
Who was the pom in 1996?
Ian Roberts had some pom in him

[/quote]
and some leb and some kiwi and some wog

hes a promiscuos little fag isnt he :p

btw Robbo like tallis sat out the 1996 season because he signed with scum league cost him a premiership stupid pillow bitter

[quote author=Utility Player]
[quote author=Matabele]
Who was the pom in 1996?
Ian Roberts had some pom in him

[/quote]
and some leb and some kiwi and some wog

hes a promiscuos little fag isnt he :p

btw Robbo like tallis sat out the 1996 season because he signed with scum league cost him a premiership stupid pillow bitter
[/quote]

LoL :D

I decided to try and be transparent, open and honest, and have asked Aaron on the official site whether this may be an option we are looking at...hopefully get a response, but won't hold my breath...

and before everyone blows a cog, I can UNDERSTAND why I may not be answered.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7