Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Newcastle officials have denied the club considered taking any action against skipper Andrew Johns for taking part in a charity touch football tournament on the Gold Coast.

His involvement came less than 24 hours after his being ruled out of the Knights trial match against Cronulla with a hamstring injury.

Opinions?

You might say sure its not contact ect ect but no contact is needed to do in the hammy.

Just another example of Johns being bigger than the game and indeed the Newcastle Knights. They are too scared to punish him, because he might threaten to go to England.

I guess it shows his committment to football this year - maybe it is not his no. 1 priority now, I can see him & Brian Smith banging heads at some stage this year if his attitude is not up to Brian's high standards

I can't see Johns being too impressed with Smith sms messages during the week leading up to a game.

Maybe he is partying too much with mitchell sargeant?

At the end of the day, Joey is doing them a favour by playing. He's quit rep footy & could be over in England earning a fortune.
He isn't though. He's up there keeping the club he loves competitive until the young fellas are ready to take over.
Smith has to accept that that is how it is.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6