John Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone tell me what he does?

I understand he is the ‘assistant’ but what is he actually assisting? What’s his role? Offence, defence, or simply sitting on the fence?

He's only signed till end of this season too. Be interesting to see with all the coach movements going on around the NRL as to whether he ends up somewhere else next year. Maybe Tuberculosis will want a drinking buddy over at Belmore ??

That could leave the door open for Dessie and Tooves to get the band back together

I heard he is a defensive coach..des needs to get rid of him and mono next yr and bring in toovey and cliffy as assistants and have beaver snake ballin and spud as player mentors
Plus BK, kite and perry as forwards coaches

You lot have given me an idea. Why finish there?

What about Ian Martin, Terry Randall, Paul Vautin and Steve Menzies as tackling coaches?

Phil Blake as the chip and chase coach?

Fred Jones, Max Krilich, John Gray, Ray Brown, and Mal Cochrane to help out with the hooking?

Many more ex-players are available too.

Bring back Biscuits to coach the coaches.
Great photo of Biscuits and * Bozo the Incomparable Immortal *
Tears of joy after a Grand final win
1976-grand-final-bob-fulton.jpg

Well over time johnsy use to train foran and dce, blocka use to train the props, stewart is working with tom and elliott, so i dont see why it wouldnt hurt bringing the right manly blood and experience in to work with the squad

Can someone tell me what he does?

I understand he is the ‘assistant’ but what is he actually assisting? What’s his role? Offence, defence, or simply sitting on the fence?

I don't know ... but I do know that Dessie doesn't give anybody a free ride ...

I think des needs a loud, passionate assistent next to him again just to promote discussion and ideas

He is an innovator des, but all great innovators need a balancing figure

Bring back toovey. I don't care if Cartwright has a nice character, he is too complacent and relaxed a figure. We need a firebrand and an analyst, a critic and ideas man

For example, the Knight's coach O'Brien is a passionate, brutal coach that worked with Trent Robinson. The best coach pairings imo have a wise, loyal and analytical coach/assistant like Des, as well as a passionate, brutally honest ideas type like Bellamy/Toovey. Too much of one thing leaves you with player discontent for the Madge-types and lack of passion under the conservative, loyal Paul Green types. A balance is needed imo

Last edited by a moderator:
You lot have given me an idea. Why finish there?

What about Ian Martin, Terry Randall, Paul Vautin and Steve Menzies as tackling coaches?

Phil Blake as the chip and chase coach?

Fred Jones, Max Krilich, John Gray, Ray Brown, and Mal Cochrane to help out with the hooking?

Many more ex-players are available too.

George Rose as the nutrition coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4