Joey - Would you take him.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
If Joey was available for another club in 2007 would you want him to play for Manly if we could still fit him under the cap.

and

Would you choose him over Orford at Halfback?

Byso, I know you get hammered for some dumb posts but for me this one takes the cake.

Currently the worlds greatest player and one of the greatest to ever play the game, argueably the greatest. By some magic of numbers we can fit him into our salary cap and then the question is would we have him?

I can't wait to see the reasoning of anyone who says no.

i'd take him in the same amount of time it takes for me to get excited over the idea of a 3some with Natalie Portman and Jessica Alba. Does that answer you question?

Nah , dont want him. he is great but in the end thats not all that matters. Lost all respect for him .

I agree with Earl.

As for the others OBVIOUSLY the thread is a purely hypothetical.

To get an idea what people think of the sook.

Methinks Corso and Co should be shareing the same box of tissues Joey is using.

There is about as much chance of Johns playing with Manly as there is Earl's dream coming true!!!!

Why waste your breath??? :bdh:

He didn't say it Canteen...he typed it. Hehehe...
Sorry mate.

Byso - leave the ridiculous posts to me. I'm feeling smothered ok.

I would guarantee if we had joey we'd be in the same spot and maybe more points as melbourne.... i would take joey quicker than byso makes love :)

As for the others OBVIOUSLY the thread is a purely hypothetical.

To get an idea what people think of the sook.

I guess what the majority think is the man is a champion footballer who make a big difference to any team in the NRL.

You are laying the blame squareley at the feet of Johns whereas if you took the time to scratch the surface you would find the only reason this issue is attracting front & back pages is due to the appalling way in which this issue has been managed by the Knights.

As much disdain as many of you hold hold here for our media manager I would lay huge odds that if something similar had occurred to say Matt Orford or BK on Friday night the matter would now have become a non issue because the problem would have been professionally managed and spin doctored.

For reasons only known to the Newcastle Knights they let Johns and their coach run amok with the media. Thats where the problem escalated. If it had been properly managed on Friday night, as I am sure it would have been if the problem had been Manly's we would still not be talking about it for 7 days after the game as it will be tomorrow after the judiciary hearing tonite.

No I wouldn't want him!
For what he would be asking=NO WAY
For the attitude which he has seemed to develop=NO WAY
Could he help our club move forward= NO- we bought Orford for that job and I still think he is more than capable of doing the job (and has alot more years left in him)
Yes he was a brilliant player but I don't think it would be benefitical for us to sign him....obviously this is all hypothetically speaking because it aint going to happen.
As far as blaming the Knights management you have to be kidding yes they have handled it poorly but it was Johns that has made his own bed- how anyone can justify calling the touchie a "F**king C**t is beyond me and if that's the case we will end up with no refs.
STOP FEELING SORRY FOR THIS GUY- what puts him above the laws of the game??????

Is a simple answer, yes

Johns or Orford, Johns by a mile, he has consistently delivered in the big games, Orford has nothing to his name in big games yet

And the experiences that the young blokes would pick up and be taught from 1 year with him would be priceless

And the sook thing is all a lot of rubbish to me tbh. Plenty of players have had a similar problem in the past, this one has just been blown up bigger because of his profile

Is a simple answer, yes

Johns or Orford, Johns by a mile, he has consistently delivered in the big games, Orford has nothing to his name in big games yet

And the experiences that the young blokes would pick up and be taught from 1 year with him would be priceless

And the sook thing is all a lot of rubbish to me tbh. Plenty of players have had a similar problem in the past, this one has just been blown up bigger because of his profile

no he's a sook....name some other NRL players who just leave after a loss instead of going back to the changerooms with the rest of their team mates....
what about when he nicked off after Parra had organised a special presentation to him when he broke the point scoring record....
and this swearing at refs....it aint the first time he has gone off at them of late...I doubt any other player would have got off like he has the last couple of times this has been raised....no one should be a protected species!

He would have been great to have a few years ago but not now. His ego has got the better of him these days and he thinks that he bigger than the game itself.

Unfortunately the NRL and Gallop have a habit if hitting the leading players with wet lettuce leaves as punishment (bulldogs for example) so I am expecting him to get 2 weeks maximum.

Unfortunately each time the game receives these sort of headlines it has a terrible effect on the juniors players and their parents who see league for all the wrong reasons.

The game should be in the headlines only when they talk about fantastic games.

Good to see some people could comprehend the point of the thread. ;)

I wouldn't take Sook over The Ox. As I know we'll get more value out of The Ox.

He's a true professional that focuses on getting the job done and always puts in 100%. Sook has stated many times that he plays flat during the season this shows a lack of commitment. imo.

There is about as much chance of Johns playing with Manly as there is Earl's dream coming true!!!!

Why waste your breath??? :bdh:
I had a dream????????? What was it. Was it good??

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6