Joey Manu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
With the Roosters looking to retain Sam Walker on what will be a huge upgrade given his current form, plus young gun centres Billy Smith and Suaalii waiting in the wings, I wonder if we could make a play for Joey Manu. Give the chooks some cap relief.

He wouldn’t be cheap but would be the perfect fullback fill-in for Turbo and add a real x-factor to our edge.

I’d see him as a direct replacement for D Walker in our top 30. Probably on similar money too.

With the Roosters looking to retain Sam Walker on what will be a huge upgrade given his current form, plus young gun centres Billy Smith and Suaalii waiting in the wings, I wonder if we could make a play for Joey Manu. Give the chooks some cap relief.

He wouldn’t be cheap but would be the perfect fullback fill-in for Turbo and add a real x-factor to our edge.

I’d see him as a direct replacement for D Walker in our top 30. Probably on similar money too.
Absolutely love it, if we could make the money work. Problem is if he actually left the Roosters there would probably be a few clubs that would be willing to pay him Fullback money.

Who in the Roosters top 13 players are leaving that club unless it’s for ridiculous money,money Manly can’t afford?He’s not even 25 yet,so coming into his prime.Not a wise purchase given the value of centres these days and if they’re signing players based on giving cover for a certain player,maybe they should be looking at said certain players wage first before anything else

He's signed for 2022 and Roosters not letting him go. We'd have to offer him double. Will never happen

He would be on fullback money if he left. In the ideal world we get him but no way jose

Not a massive fan - I don't find him elite and really think if we solve the 9, there's plenty of quality coming through, along with Walker/Suli not even playing atm....good for that position already imo

Good player, out of our price range though.

I like from what I have seen(only three games) from Tuipulotu, does some hard carries and can beat defenders. Runs some good lines. Well behind Manu at this stage however we may have got a good one off the Rorters already.

Also we don't need centres, we need a utility to cover fullback and a hooker
The challenge is getting a quality fullback cover who is happy not to start when Turbo is around. Picking up a guy who is a guaranteed starter in another position who can play fullback when Tom is out was the whole point

The challenge is getting a quality fullback cover who is happy not to start when Turbo is around. Picking up a guy who is a guaranteed starter in another position who can play fullback when Tom is out was the whole point
But why would they spend a fortune,which is what they’d need to do to get Manu,to cover for Fullback?That proves that the problem isn’t in the centres but at Fullback

Not the stupidest idea I've ever heard but can't see it happening.

The best way for teams (other than Melbourne, Parra and Chooks) to get ahead of the game is to have guns signed as juniors and hope that loyalty and 'inside running' means you keep them. Take Schuster for example; not a Manly junior but signed when he was in Harold Matts and has re-signed a number of times due to already being in the system.

When you have guys like the Turbos on huge coin and DCE, etc. you just cannot afford to go to market for elite established talent. It's probably why we opted out for Nathan Brown. You just get priced out of the market. It's OK for teams like the Tigers to go out and throw 1.2m at a player worth half that because it's the best they can possibly do...but at Manly, we already have some top tier players on our books so yeah...

Not the stupidest idea I've ever heard but can't see it happening.

The best way for teams (other than Melbourne, Parra and Chooks) to get ahead of the game is to have guns signed as juniors and hope that loyalty and 'inside running' means you keep them. Take Schuster for example; not a Manly junior but signed when he was in Harold Matts and has re-signed a number of times due to already being in the system.

When you have guys like the Turbos on huge coin and DCE, etc. you just cannot afford to go to market for elite established talent. It's probably why we opted out for Nathan Brown. You just get priced out of the market. It's OK for teams like the Tigers to go out and throw 1.2m at a player worth half that because it's the best they can possibly do...but at Manly, we already have some top tier players on our books so yeah...
And some great juniors too... just have to be patient.

There is a Foxsports article today that highlights what many of us on here have been posting for a while. The Roosters 12 highest-paid players take up 6.1 million dollars in their salary cap - leaving just 3.1 million for the remaining 18 in the squad.

Jake Friend, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Joseph Suuali, and Ben Walker are not part of the top 12.

Fox sports describes it as great financial juggling, claiming the Chooks have mastered the art of contracts in the salary cap era.

It's a disgusting read.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4