Joey Lussick worth a shot?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
He would need to be elevated to the 30 man squad and many might disagree,but he is doing a good job steering the Workers ISP side around from halfback working with a young 5/8.They did not have a win today(lot of late changes today),but he is playing a Green type role,he is kicking well(long and short),organizing well and is passing to guys who are in a position to do something(good selection).I don't know about making a lot of changes to the NRL side but I feel he is a better option at this point then Croker(I always preferred Hastings over him).If Barrett is not going to play Hastings at 5/8 which is my preferred option,then I think Lussick would give us a more balanced side than Croker.

Joe, when Hastings was in the Workers he was as a half right? Can you compare Joey and Jackson’s game?? You may be into something

Joe, when Hastings was in the Workers he was as a half right? Can you compare Joey and Jackson’s game?? You may be into something
From what I have seen they are both good organizers,talkers with good long and short kicking games.(confident,leader types with some vision,can run and pass,but running is not either of their strongest points)I like Croker but I think he is more like DCE and we need more an organizer right now.I would have preferred Croker as fullback today than 5/8 but we all have our armchair opinions....

He would need to be elevated to the 30 man squad and many might disagree,but he is doing a good job steering the Workers ISP side around from halfback working with a young 5/8.They did not have a win today(lot of late changes today),but he is playing a Green type role,he is kicking well(long and short),organizing well and is passing to guys who are in a position to do something(good selection).I don't know about making a lot of changes to the NRL side but I feel he is a better option at this point then Croker(I always preferred Hastings over him).If Barrett is not going to play Hastings at 5/8 which is my preferred option,then I think Lussick would give us a more balanced side than Croker.

I dont think Lussick is the answer, as we saw with Api today a traditional 9 thrown it at 6 isnt likely to work at NRL level. I also don't believe he was been that dominant a half at ISP level. He is the third choice kicker in general play behind T Wright and Manase. Since moving to 7 in round 2 he has had 8 kicks in general play all up in 3 rounds not including today, while T Wright has had 15 and Manase 14. He would also take up a spot in the top squad which would be better to go to Manase. Throw Hastings in at six he at least played in the halves for the majority of his career, then promote Manase to the top 30. Or give T Wright a go. Think Lussick is a stop gap gamble at best.

I dont think Lussick is the answer, as we saw with Api today a traditional 9 thrown it at 6 isnt likely to work at NRL level. I also don't believe he was been that dominant a half at ISP level. He is the third choice kicker in general play behind T Wright and Manase. Since moving to 7 in round 2 he has had 8 kicks in general play all up in 3 rounds not including today, while T Wright has had 15 and Manase 14. He would also take up a spot in the top squad which would be better to go to Manase. Throw Hastings in at six he at least played in the halves for the majority of his career, then promote Manase to the top 30. Or give T Wright a go. Think Lussick is a stop gap gamble at best.
As I said,I prefer Hastings but Barrett seems reluctant to play him.Not concerned about the dominant half kicker as Wright has the big boot and does the clearance kicks.Lussick does a lot of the shorter kicking game and passing/organizing(Green?),but can kick a 40/20.Right now we need an organizer at 6 and if Barrett is not playing Hastings then Lussick is still the next best option.Why play a rookie T.Wright at 6?(no better than Croker) and Fainu is no organizer at 6,so yeah,fine to promote Fainu to 30 but it still does not solve the 5/8 issue.As I said,if he plays Hastings,fine,but if not then we need a stop gap at 5/8 as Croker is not cutting it....Lussick is not a traditional 9,he started in the halves and later moved to hooker.

How did Suli play?
There are posters suggesting he be selected in first grade yet no-one seems to have seen him play today.

Time to give Tom Wright a chance at 5/8 .Give him a chance in a few games - if it doesn’t work, we need to start planning for next year. At this rate DCE will be burnt out before the second half of the season. Croker already looks bruised and battered.

Time to give Tom Wright a chance at 5/8 .Give him a chance in a few games - if it doesn’t work, we need to start planning for next year. At this rate DCE will be burnt out before the second half of the season. Croker already looks bruised and battered.

T.wright was horrible yesterday offered nothing out there. Dropped balls, lack of energy not up to standard.
Great 20’s player but there playing with men now. A little behind same with Finau

Only Jetski, Loko, Lussick and Sipley stood out for me previous round :)

BTW, Why don't FoxNRL show all Intrust games anymore :wondering:

Last edited:
Lussick has never impressed me in the games I have seen, seems to have fits of dumb in his game and nothing special, just solid at what he does.

That said I have only seen him in the halves once.

Lussick has never impressed me in the games I have seen, seems to have fits of dumb in his game and nothing special, just solid at what he does.

That said I have only seen him in the halves once.

Safe to say he is the only one who has showed up every week and had a crack. Comes up with great ball, yes sometimes he can have fits of dumb but let’s be real they all can.

Who ever gets the chance in Nrl will be surrounded by guys like DCE and Taupau one side and Dylan Walker etc . So just because a younger player hasn’t done too well in a recent game or two - I don’t write them off .
Example: Brett Kenny used to throw intercepts and was terrible in Parra jersey Flegg losing nearly every game. But the Flegg coach said he had the talent to go on to grade . The rest is history .

I thought he was impressive in the one NRL game he played for us (when we got thumped by the Dragons, inexplicably got ourselves back into the game when Darcy went to the bin for 10 minutes, then fell in a heap again). He was highly rated as a junior halfback, snapped up by the Eels then the Roosters and turned into a hooker. If he's playing well, he might be in with a chance.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8