Joey Gone 3 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dare we say bye bye Knights

Imo he will defend the charge for sure and get off, will be a case of justice being attempted to be done rather than actually being done. Hope i'm wrong though.

Hopefully the Knights make the 8 and come say 5th or 6th, then Manly play them at Brookie in the first week of the finals without Joey

The management of this issue by the Knights has been atrocious. For reasons best known to themselves they have gone with "its the passion in which he plays the game" excuse.

The media management by the Knights should have started on Friday night with Johns being made to apologise to the match officials. They didn't & it continued to go pear shape for the remainder of the weekend with articles in the press, the Nine Network etc all condoning his actions. The management of this issue by the Knights left the NRL with little option but to come down hard on Johns.

Johns can at least plead that he is just a footballer and his brain cannot comprehend the gravity of the situation, what can the knights management claim?

Johns should drop the holier than now attitutude.
You have to wonder about someone who sometimes doesn't even bother going back to the dressing room with his TEAM MATES after a loss, instead just choosing to drive straight home....that among other things reeks of poor sportsmanship whatever way the Knights want to dress it up!

It is good to see the NRL finally showing some backbone.

Sucked in the the two headed novacastrians. He should also have been punished for not accepting the game ball from jason Taylor as well as both incidents show disrespect for the game and are a bad example to the younger players.

He should be a gracious loser. The knights shouldn't have left it to the last minute of the game to try and win it. 4 weeks sounds good. Bye bye newcastle.

A joke of a suspension IMO

Compare this incident to other suspensions during the year getting similar sentences, and they dont compare in my view.

There should be punishments, but that sort of suspension is a joke, next people will be copping a few weeks for a bit of biff

a bit of biff is completely a different to abusing an official.

I am sure if he apologised to start with he probably would have avoided this. IMO he deserves it for being so stupid and going in like he did in the media along with Hagan.

I don't know how you can compare a head high tackle or spear tackle with Johns' verbal tirade.

Not sure if you got the vision in NZ but the sydney news tonite slearly shows Johns directing his "effing c" comment at the touch judge.

Wether they like it or not players, like Johns are role models to an entire generation of football players. For the NRL to fail to react to such an outburst would have been condoning his actions. The NRL have an obligation to the game as a whole, not just the elite players.

John's action was questioning the credibility of the game. As the top player he is undermining the product and showing little credit for what has made him great.

All teams get good and bad calls, that can define a season. There were other calls in that game that went with Newcastle. I don't care how good you are, you don't have the right to do what he did, and it is not the first time.

His histrionics when they lost to Parra cost him a lot in reputation and he has slipped a few pegs in my estimation. He is a talented player but to call him 'great' at present is not on due to him being too precious. It is about time someone stood up to his bullying!!!

he should have apologised. Sure there is passion and there are tough calls. But a man stands up and says sorry after the heat of the moment is gone.

Joey you are not standing up and beng a man. But did we expect anything else?

Newcastle have a long history of blaming everyone but themselves

Yeah, prolly should have apologized... but for what happened.. i personally don't really care

I understand it sets a bad example to kids... but i'm of the opinion we should get rid of the microphones.. footy players are held on to high of a pedalstool

They play a tough game with alot of passion.. that's all i want to see from them every week.... if i were a knights fan i'd want to see that from my captain (as opposed to hearing it) because it shows that he wants to win

Probably should have apologized but some people really need to get over themselves and stop being so petty.... i understand the role model factor.. but take the mic's away and if the kids can still understand what he's saying well there obviously hearing it elsewhere and know how to say it

I go off at the ref and lines man sometimes but I always go up and apologise after the game. So it is not as high profile, but I am of the opinion that anyone worth their salt would apologise to them

Newcastle are cheats and Andrew Johns is nothing but a sook.

MY GOD DOUG !!! We agree on something !!!
Best part about this situation is that hopefully means BK will get his Dally M medal in his last year - unless he gets time on the sidelines as well.

See - Johns - you've helped Manly in more ways than you know !!!

Yeah, prolly should have apologized... but for what happened.. i personally don't really care

I understand it sets a bad example to kids... but i'm of the opinion we should get rid of the microphones.. footy players are held on to high of a pedalstool

They play a tough game with alot of passion.. that's all i want to see from them every week.... if i were a knights fan i'd want to see that from my captain (as opposed to hearing it) because it shows that he wants to win

Probably should have apologized but some people really need to get over themselves and stop being so petty.... i understand the role model factor.. but take the mic's away and if the kids can still understand what he's saying well there obviously hearing it elsewhere and know how to say it

Microphones or not he would have said it and it would have been reported, you can't go around directing that sort of stuff at anyone, on national television or on the street, then he has followed it up with a big FU in his Telecrap column, as much as the players don't want it they are role models and should act like it.

At the end of the day if he had said "you're joking" this would be a non issue, dumb choices have consequences.

The NRL had to act otherwise he would never stop.

The convinient timing of this suspension will surely drill the lesson into his head.

The NRL offers educational seminars for rookies about situations off the field. Maybe they need to make one around sportsmanship, this old fool would be the perfect model for the operation.

He might also be in trouble for calling the judiciary a bunch of effing c's.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4