Joel Thompson - accident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's a bloke with a few drinks in him, 31, 61, 101, it doesn't matter, he's still a boy at heart and will do things, that on sober reflection, he would/ will/ does regret. Most of us, if we're honest(me definitely), have done something similar in our pasts, hopefully not the future but no guarantees.

Being a Gosford boy, I'm wondering were this happened; I'm willing to speculate, he was probably rolling down the Skillion at Terrigal and came up against the sandstone landscaping blocks at the bottom.

Get well soon Thommo and I hope you have an injury free 2020..

Don't understand the logic behind the "get ahead of the rumour mill" suggestion as the reason to post on social media, you either did something silly sober,intoxicated or an unfortunate accident, what other rumour can be started with so many witnesses around.

Mind you probably the most efficient way to alert people you care about that you are ok, still not necessary though and comes across as self promoting/attention seeking.

Unlike a tough competitor like Joel to expect a soft landing. Speedy recovery for the hard man and.good guy

Thompson took to social media platform LinkedIn on Sunday evening to thank everyone and send a timely reminder about the dangers of alcohol.

"Firstly I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support over the last couple weeks," he said.

"I had an arrogant opinion of being invincible and this accident has changed me forever. I’ve made bad decisions over the years which have impacted my family and I and it’s mostly been when I’ve been drinking.

"I’ve changed so much over the last few years and to continue to grow I realise I need to give up alcohol. My first goal is 12 months. . I already feel like a new man, a very lucky one at that.
"Please take care of yourself and others. Here we go - 1 year of being sober."

The second-rower is one of the most well-liked players in the competition, and does some amazing work off the field with 'The Mindset Project' which he runs.

(sporting news)

I've made some great decisions when I've been drinking....maybe they turned out to be bad decisions later on but when I made them they were great.

I hear ya @Moondog

Attachments

• C839D200-F467-448E-A4ED-A6E1BB15E999.jpeg
    C839D200-F467-448E-A4ED-A6E1BB15E999.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 25
This incident of course relates to the other, much-less-quoted side of the 'Aussie mates always help each other' philosophy (so enthusiastically espoused recently by luminaries such as Matthew Johns in relation to big Nelson).

Namely: "Always try to get your good mates absolutely ****faced. When they then get into strife of one sort or another, you should help them (or as best you can anyway, given that you are probably ****faced too)".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4