Joel Thompson - accident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've crossed rolling down a hill in full party mode off my list now.
Ouch.
Get well Joel. Very important to our team.

Not to sound harsh but one has to ask. If the reports are correct then WTF is he doing rolling down a hill for when he is recovering from a broken arm. Stay off the grog boys!
Hope he gets well soon and realises how lucky he is

I would say the "rolling down a hill" part wasn't a planned activity.

We've all ( ok, me ) got on the cans with mates and shenanigans ultimately ensue, mostly harmless but sometimes someone slips and rolls down a hill or....
As history tells us, it's not the rolling down the hill that is the main problem, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Not to sound harsh but one has to ask. If the reports are correct then WTF is he doing rolling down a hill for when he is recovering from a broken arm. Stay off the grog boys!
Hope he gets well soon and realises how lucky he is
Agree Robbo........couldn't play in the finals coz of the broken arm but rolls down a hill with a broken arm?? Why even put it on social media & FFS why even mention DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope he recovers! Watch the journos dig deep & turn this into something bigger! Just so disappointing. As i posted earlier, so much for an incident free off season. Good bloody start!

Agree Robbo........couldn't play in the finals coz of the broken arm but rolls down a hill with a broken arm?? Why even put it on social media & FFS why even mention DRINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope he recovers! Watch the journos dig deep & turn this into something bigger! Just so disappointing. As i posted earlier, so much for an incident free off season. Good bloody start!

I’d say he probably didn’t have much choice about whether to mention drinking, the speculation would’ve gone nuts otherwise. Possibly also why he put it on social media himself - it’s going to get out, one way or another, so you might as well get ahead of the rumour mill and just post it yourself.

Hopefully a lesson learned, and an appreciation of how lucky he is. I spent some time today in a neuro/trauma unit basically saying my goodbyes to a much-loved relative who sustained a severe brain injury a couple of weeks ago, that she won’t ever wake up from. Heads are bloody fragile things and it can all be snatched away from you in an instant @:cry:

I’d say he probably didn’t have much choice about whether to mention drinking, the speculation would’ve gone nuts otherwise. Possibly also why he put it on social media himself - it’s going to get out, one way or another, so you might as well get ahead of the rumour mill and just post it yourself.

Hopefully a lesson learned, and an appreciation of how lucky he is. I spent some time today in a neuro/trauma unit basically saying my goodbyes to a much-loved relative who sustained a severe brain injury a couple of weeks ago, that she won’t ever wake up from. Heads are bloody fragile things and it can all be snatched away from you in an instant @:cry:
Agree Yoka but WHY even do it? Sorry to hear re your friend.

I would say the "rolling down a hill" part wasn't a planned activity.

We've all ( ok, me ) got on the cans with mates and shenanigans ultimately ensue, mostly harmless but sometimes someone slips and rolls down a hill or....
As history tells us, it's not the rolling down the hill that is the main problem, it's the sudden stop at the end.
Guarantee you it was all fun and games until someone brought out the shot glasses for the Tequila. Absolutely nothing good comes from the aftermath of Tequila shots.

I'm happy to hear the Joel looks like making a full recovery, and I'm real sorry to hear of your friend. I agree, heads are real fragile.

For some reason I thought he was a tee-totaller after his past experiences with drugs & alcohol?

I have no issue with him unwinding with a few beers & mates but it's unfortunate he had the accident, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Also sorry to hear of your relative @yokahontas

Gee,thats very sad news yokahontas, sorry to hear that

Terrible news Yoki, my thoughts are with you.

Didn't take long for the wannabe journos to call it a 'booze fuelled incident'............as i posted earlier the digging has started & NRL will ask for a 'please explain'. So annoying that the club is AGAIN involved in off season dramas.When will these players learn :banghead:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4