Joel Thompson - accident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Just spotted this on socials - hope Joel is ok!!

DD6F0322-C0DB-42AC-B762-C3D113B7D868.png

Irony in 'Top Stories' there....

Joel injury.JPG

Hope Joel bounces back quickly and can enjoy his Christmas break.

Last edited:
I believe the NRL is about to issue Manly with a just cause notice about bringing the game into disrepute.
Talk is of 500k salary cap fines and starting the season on -10 points.

Toddy has been told that he needs to come hard on Manly as previous bs NRL sanctions have only made Manly stronger.

NRL star Joel Thompson on Wednesday night revealed he thought he was going to die after suffering a horrific injury while partying at the long weekend.

The Manly Sea Eagles forward told The Daily Telegraph from his hospital bed that he feared for his life after hitting his head on rocks while celebrating with his friends

Thompson was taken by ambulance to Gosford Hospital and then airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital.

“I just caught up with mates and rolled down a big hill until I hit a rocky end,” Thompson said on Wednesday.

“I’m in survival mode and it’s been a mess but I am OK.”

Thompson had a massive gash on his head that was stapled together and looks nothing like his on-field image as one of rugby league’s toughest players.

Thompson, 31, described the incident as a “massive wake-up call”.

“My only concern is for my family and letting them know I am OK,” Thompson said.

Thompson had earlier posted a graphic photo of himself on Instagram with the caption: “Hey everyone I’ve had a real bad accident — won’t be talking to anyone for another week. Big lesson learnt around drinking and partying... Thinking of you all.”

The back-rower was among a host of NRL stars celebrating the annual Koori Knockout at Central Coast Regional
Sporting Complex.

The likes of Andrew Fifita, Cody Walker, Josh Addo-Carr and Greg Inglis featured. Thompson did not play but was interviewed at the tournament.

“Last time I played was at Newcastle for Walgett and we were lucky enough to win it,” he told NBN News.

“It’s enjoyable footy and all the NRL players love to be back and being involved in the community.”

The 31-year-old is highly regarded within the rugby league community for his charity work, particularly driving mental health and wellbeing issues. He won the prestigious Ken Stephen Award in 2016 in recognition of all his off-field deeds.

Thompson is without a contract at Manly for next season but is expected to remain at the club.

Thompson has played 220 NRL matches since making his debut for Canberra in 2008.

He has made six appearances for the Indigenous All Stars side and also represented NSW Country at representative level.

NRL star Joel Thompson on Wednesday night revealed he thought he was going to die after suffering a horrific injury while partying at the long weekend.

The Manly Sea Eagles forward told The Daily Telegraph from his hospital bed that he feared for his life after hitting his head on rocks while celebrating with his friends

Thompson was taken by ambulance to Gosford Hospital and then airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital.

“I just caught up with mates and rolled down a big hill until I hit a rocky end,” Thompson said on Wednesday.

“I’m in survival mode and it’s been a mess but I am OK.”

Thompson had a massive gash on his head that was stapled together and looks nothing like his on-field image as one of rugby league’s toughest players.

Thompson, 31, described the incident as a “massive wake-up call”.

“My only concern is for my family and letting them know I am OK,” Thompson said.

Thompson had earlier posted a graphic photo of himself on Instagram with the caption: “Hey everyone I’ve had a real bad accident — won’t be talking to anyone for another week. Big lesson learnt around drinking and partying... Thinking of you all.”

The back-rower was among a host of NRL stars celebrating the annual Koori Knockout at Central Coast Regional
Sporting Complex.

The likes of Andrew Fifita, Cody Walker, Josh Addo-Carr and Greg Inglis featured. Thompson did not play but was interviewed at the tournament.

“Last time I played was at Newcastle for Walgett and we were lucky enough to win it,” he told NBN News.

“It’s enjoyable footy and all the NRL players love to be back and being involved in the community.”

The 31-year-old is highly regarded within the rugby league community for his charity work, particularly driving mental health and wellbeing issues. He won the prestigious Ken Stephen Award in 2016 in recognition of all his off-field deeds.

Thompson is without a contract at Manly for next season but is expected to remain at the club.

Thompson has played 220 NRL matches since making his debut for Canberra in 2008.

He has made six appearances for the Indigenous All Stars side and also represented NSW Country at representative level.

I thought he’d been re-signed ??

Thanks @Mitch and @DUFFMAN for posting the info.

Very much hope Joel makes a full recovery...and this call really has 'woken' him up! :wait:
Life's too short and so precious :nod:

PS slightly disturbing it says he's 'without a contract' at Manly but assume this is media BS (fingers crossed).

Sad to see & hear....wish him a speedy recovery. Why post it on social media???? Just gave those ar$ehole media hacks ammunition to look deeper into it & start getting into us early! So much for hoping for an incident free off season.

Last edited:
Joel Thompson Update

Joel suffered a facial injury and severe concussion following a fall on Sunday night on the Central Coast. He is in a stable condition and is expected to be released from a Sydney hospital later this week.

The Club thanks everyone for their concerns.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4