Jesus loves you.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, I love it too. Typical "I got a half baked email from someone who doesn't actually understand what they believe and therefore I can point and laugh at everyone who shares some of their beliefs and make out that I have found the single hole in their logic... one they cannot get out of".

He wants someone to explain it to him? It's pretty simple: the person that sent that email was wrong... they don't actually understand what Christ was trying to teach them. We all love Occam's Razor, don't we?

Flip link said:
Narc, why are Christians so touchy?
I can't answer for 'Christians', I can only answer for myself.

Sorry if I came across as touchy... like I said in the earlier post, I just know that I'm sick of seeing these 'arguments against religion' that everyone applauds when the argument is actually against a person that considers themselves religious but would generally be denounced by most other people in that religion.

I don't know, maybe it's just the sites that I frequent.

Either way, I find it hard to believe that in general I could be considered 'touchy' about my (or anyone's) beliefs, be they religious or not. I'm happy to be corrected and told why it seems that I am. I guess what I mean is, would you consider that post out of character for me or not? Hopefully the answer is 'out of character'.

As far as that video in particular is concerned, like I said: the guy essentially takes what some freak says God thinks about him, and then attacks it to to show how wrong / whatever God is, when in reality he should be attacking the person's beliefs about God.

If someone said to me "gravity will crush you if you eat kittens" is my response "well, gravity's pretty dumb then" or "you're an idiot"? Generally, it's the latter. I attack their beliefs and their arguments (or in this case, them), not what it is that they actually believe in.

Having said that, if gravity can be on Homer Simpson's revenge list, there may be more to it...

Narcissus link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=176853.msg177347#msg177347 date=1201820035]
Narc, why are Christians so touchy?
I can't answer for 'Christians', I can only answer for myself.

Sorry if I came across as touchy... like I said in the earlier post, I just know that I'm sick of seeing these 'arguments against religion' that everyone applauds when the argument is actually against a person that considers themselves religious but would generally be denounced by most other people in that religion.

I don't know, maybe it's just the sites that I frequent.

Either way, I find it hard to believe that in general I could be considered 'touchy' about my (or anyone's) beliefs, be they religious or not. I'm happy to be corrected and told why it seems that I am. I guess what I mean is, would you consider that post out of character for me or not? Hopefully the answer is 'out of character'.

As far as that video in particular is concerned, like I said: the guy essentially takes what some freak says God thinks about him, and then attacks it to to show how wrong / whatever God is, when in reality he should be attacking the person's beliefs about God.

If someone said to me "gravity will crush you if you eat kittens" is my response "well, gravity's pretty dumb then" or "you're an idiot"? Generally, it's the latter. I attack their beliefs and their arguments (or in this case, them), not what it is that they actually believe in.

Having said that, if gravity can be on Homer Simpson's revenge list, there may be more to it...

[/quote]

Woah wait...step back a second

Gravity will do what?

What it all comes down to is that cats are the spawn of "satan" and should be wiped from this earth

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6