Jersey Flegg, and Aaron Groom!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader
To be honest I haven't got to see a Flegg game this year, but every week I read the team sheet and match report on MSE.

I seriously can't remember a game that the team has lost with Groom in the side. Every week the team sheet has lacked his name the team gets somewhat dominated.

I realise that there are some other very good young players in the team, but surely this is a Johns-esk dominance this guy has on the team.

What are peoples thoughts?

Yes it is basically assured of that he is out injured they lose. I hope Manly sign him long term and I can see him replacing Ox in 2/3 seasons.

From what I have seen of him reminds me of Paul Shaw a Manly halfback in the late 1980s. A terrific player but can go quiet if hit hard or gets tired.

However he is a good organiser and a terrific attacking player in the same vein of Matt Bowen when in the open.

Is he related to you Wheel? It is a glowing rap if I ever saw one! From your usual inciteful threads, this is a rare moment! ..... only stirring! Good player, I welcome the return of blooding our own juniors through the ranks. When Manly have been a powerful league side it has always been on the back of us having our own halfs that have come up... not bought players...Some will argue it is now a different league world...but I prefer the old way.

from what i have seen he will be a star

Is he related to you Wheel? It is a glowing rap if I ever saw one! From your usual inciteful threads, this is a rare moment! .....

My praise is rare but when given is genuine, no he is not related (have a look at a photo of me compared to Groom ;) ) but he is potentially the type of player that with the right support could bring a premiership to the club.

We should all keep our fingers crossed he will develop into the player he has the potential to be and not end up like Ash Alberts

we have lost games with him in but we certainly have a far better record with him in the team.

now that the sg ball season is over the flegg team have improved with a few of the older ball players there as well

groom is a talent - no doubt about it

Is he related to you Wheel? It is a glowing rap if I ever saw one! From your usual inciteful threads, this is a rare moment! ..... only stirring! Good player, I welcome the return of blooding our own juniors through the ranks. When Manly have been a powerful league side it has always been on the back of us having our own halfs that have come up... not bought players...Some will argue it is now a different league world...but I prefer the old way.

Groom has definately too much talent to be related to wheel.

The only resemblance is that some of wheels old girlfriends were very good at putting football players into holes.

Groom is a top player. He has every chance of playing NRL, we can only hope he has every chance at Manly.

[quote author=mellonhead]

Groom has definately too much talent to be related to wheel.

The only resemblance is that some of wheels old girlfriends were very good at putting football players into holes.

[/quote]

:lol2: I know a few girls like that!

Is this guy an Aboriginal kid? your reference to Paul Shaw and Alberts made me wonder if that was the case.

I am not sure of his actual heritage however if I can put it this way - he is pretty close to midnight

Both he and Inoke Tapatoutai were picked in a Fiji 13 a while back, if that is any help to his background.

Groom is not a big guy but he looks solid. He has had a few problems with injuries over the last two years. If he can keep pace physicially over the next few years the only thing stopping him becoming the future Manly 1st grade halfback is the space between his ears.

From what I can tell he has a part asian back ground of some sort.

I have seen all the Flegg home games this year, and one away game.

Groom is an extraordinary footballer. His attacking talent comes along very rarely.

He has a scholarship with Manly for this year which I guess pays for basic expenses.

Having said that, I have a feeling Manly don't really fully apreaciate his ability. He is small. a bit injury prone.

We seem to be after good all rounders, those who are equally good at defence as attack. In the end I guess you compromise both ways.

This guy is an attacking genuis.

He will be a star of the futue. Hopefully it will be with Manly.

So, ship off Witt next year, put Groom in Premier League for 2 years and then bring him up after Orford's contract runs out?

If all goes well with Groom, would/should that be the plan?

I have seen all the Flegg home games this year, and one away game.

Groom is an extraordinary footballer. His attacking talent comes along very rarely.

He has a scholarship with Manly for this year which I guess pays for basic expenses.

Having said that, I have a feeling Manly don't really fully apreaciate his ability. He is small. a bit injury prone.

We seem to be after good all rounders, those who are equally good at defence as attack. In the end I guess you compromise both ways.

This guy is an attacking genuis.

He will be a star of the futue. Hopefully it will be with Manly.
Alot of teams have an attacking genius that they try to hide in defence.
Marshall and Lokyer to name a few(Good defenders but still are hidden in defence to an extent.).
Just wished i lived locally so i could see some of these young guys run around.

Just wished i lived locally so i could see some of these young guys run around.
As much as I know I live in paradise up here, I have to agree with that. My kingdom for a fast helicopter during footy season.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7