• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
What is your opinion on this

Boxing champ on theft charge
December 30, 2005

BOXING legend Jeff Fenech will appear in court today charged with stealing three watches from a jewellery store on the Gold Coast.

Fenech, 41, was given a notice to appear in the Southport Magistrate's Court charged with stealing.
Police said the former world champion boxer was among a group of people in a Broadbeach jewellery store when three watches went missing.

Marrickville Mauler: Jeff Fenech in the spotlight

The watches were returned and Fenech was later interviewed over the theft.

A 58-year-old Sydney man will also appear in the court charged with the same offence.

Advertisement:
The alleged theft occurred in a jewellery store in the Oasis shopping centre which adjoins the five-star Sofitel Resort where Fenech was believed to be staying.
The former world champion boxer, who has earned millions through his sport, now runs a Sydney training gym.

He counts controversial American fighter Mike Tyson as a friend.

Fenech is one of a select band of international boxers to claim three world titles.

He retired in 1996 and was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame six years later.

Even though he has stacks of money and doesn't need to steal he has always been like this.

I remember being told a few years ago that he was arrested for stealing a car just before one of his title fights.

It seems that maybe he does it just for the thrill?

If the charge is proved hopefully he can maintain his thrills when the judge throws the book at him. Time to trot out the excuses of medical conditions, misunderstundings with parents/teachers/lollypop crossing guards/whatever and the deep rooted desire to be noticed. Christmas generosity has been and gone and I hate thieves.

I can't wait for him to come out with the "I now have ADHD" and forgot to take my medication or I was so drunk I don't remember excuse.

Or maybe he will just come out and say that he has been punched around the ring too many times?

I wonder if Mason or Gower was with him?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4