• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Not sure if there is a thread about this already but does anyone know why Jamie Buhrer got bugger allgame time on friday night? Just Wondering? :exclamation:

It surprised me as well that he got so little game time. On reflection, he's been hard at it for a month, and alwasy goes full bore and he's only young. It would make sense, knowing Des, to not overuse him and thus cruscify the youngster. If I was a young up and coming player, that's exactly how I'd want to be introduced to this very tough competition.

I think it was because of the injury to Rose. TRex, Robinson and Joe got more time to compensate for the lack of a player of George's size.

Well it was either that or as some have said to keep him fresh but as we had the bye last week I don't see how that works.

Des has a thing about not using the bench.
He sits players on it all the time just to watch the game :)

Someone said some theory they reckon Des has that players who are young need less game time after 5-6 weeks for a bit or they burn out too quick.

No idea if true or not.

Des brings a guy on for a 10 minute stint all the time. It has to be a tacktic.

Whether he thinks a fresh guy of the bench will give the added meters against a tiring defense late in the game that you need i dont know, but it happens far to often for there not to be a reason. Especially given rose being benched with an injury.

It would be interesting to see if the player coming on late slots into the ruck for the defense line, trying to help aleviate any lazy marker defense towards the end of the game due to fatigue.

Its probably more to do with not making changes to something thats already working.

I think Des is doing this to ensure all players are getting enough game time under their belts. For a number of games, Robinson was the 18th man so wasn't getting any NRL or NSW cup game time. Over the last month he has given Joe, Vic and Jamie reduced game time in various weeks. I think this is to give some of the other bench players longer stints on the field. It helps to keep everyone ready for the charge home and to cover the rep season and any injuries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4