Jayden Hodeges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our forward pack cannot sustain a weak defensive hooker like Hodges . Ballin is the glue that holds our defence up the middle
Granville, Segaro, Luke, Friend . . . these are the modern hookers who give their sides so much expanse in attack. It's what we lack. Balin is great, but we also need Hodges' ball running for short periods.

Hodges defence is fine.

There will be room for one hooker only.

If Brown and Buhrer are in the same team, well there's your second option.

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
What everyone forgets is that when buhrer is fit he slots in at hooker to give Ballin a spell.
Buhrer is a better hooker than hodges and had utility power. I agree with toovey that it's pointless to have a second hooker who sits on the sideline for 60 minutes whilst your already weak forward pack wears themselves out.

For mine carry a utility forward on the bench like ferris who can play well at hooker or well at back row. Far more value in that than carrying a defensively dodgy hooker who makes decisions that stifle our attack. We already have Mateo doing that for us all over the place, I'd rather not add another layer of "**** it I'll do whatever man" to the equation

When I read the thread title I thought this might be about a Magyar footballer. Then I saw the thread author's name - Cliffy's Is God, that is 'Cliffy is is God' and thus understood it was in reference to Manly's back-up hooker.;)

Hodges will give us some go forward around ruck and mitigate our weaker pack through his speed. He also adds an extra layer that I think we need to our attack. Yes he is susceptible to white line fever and can be seemingly selfish. In the right headspace he can give us the X factor we need to win those closer games which this year we are losing.
We need to try something different.

Granville, Segaro, Luke, Friend . . . these are the modern hookers who give their sides so much expanse in attack. It's what we lack. Balin is great, but we also need Hodges' ball running for short periods.
You are right and that is why we signed Api . We need to replace our current players with better players for us to go better next year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7