Jatz, Des and The Experiment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Whos lineup would you choose to start 2010

• a) Jatz Pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b) Des Pick

• c) Experimental

• Total voters
"Who has seen Foran play half back at any club level?"

No one obviously. But at least we (I) know that he can handle the NRL and has solid defence. We've already had the debate regarding the 5/8 vs Halfback positional speciality, I don't think there is a significant enough difference to rule Foran out of the position (especially if our style is adjusted somewhat to account for the "loss" of Orford).

And Jatz, there has been plenty of effusive comments about Hodkinson. I'm all for seeing how he handles the trials (the value of which is debatable) and reassessing then, but at this point in time he's not the best option IMO.

After Adam Luchetti (who?) was the next big thing a few years back I have been loathe to make predictions about years to come and maybe a few others need to do the same.

Canteen Worker link said:
After Adam Luchetti (who?) was the next big thing a few years back I have been loathe to make predictions about years to come and maybe a few others need to do the same.

Haha, he was going to be our leading try-scorer until he didn't make it through to the trials...

Being a gambler at heart, last time i lost any money was when I last lived in OZ, 7 years ago that is (Won on the Japan Cup a couple of times since then).
I'll take the C team as a GF team, not a season starting team.

I still want to see the big fella playing 2nd row.

Chip & Chase link said:
\"Who has seen Foran play half back at any club level?\"

No one obviously. But at least we (I) know that he can handle the NRL and has solid defence. We've already had the debate regarding the 5/8 vs Halfback positional speciality, I don't think there is a significant enough difference to rule Foran out of the position (especially if our style is adjusted somewhat to account for the \"loss\" of Orford).

And Jatz, there has been plenty of effusive comments about Hodkinson. I'm all for seeing how he handles the trials (the value of which is debatable) and reassessing then, but at this point in time he's not the best option IMO.

WEll i think you are kidding if you dont think there is much of a difference between the organiser and someone who just applies his skills. Lockyer tried it with almost 300 games under his belt and failed but you think a 5 gamer will **** it in.

Watching the toyota cup it was obvious that Cherry-evans did the structural organising and ran the plays.

Foran will fail big time at half back you just cant expect him to take on a step up to NRL as well as a change of position into the bloke with the most responsibilty in the team. There is a reason the half back is the highest played player in most teams.

You keep going back to Lockyer and his one start at halfback to prop up your argument. Flimsy defence. I never said that Foran had to be the chief organiser and take on the most responsibility. You seem stuck in this rut of halfback being the be all and end all in every team. To use your favourite example, Lockyer does a good job of running the team from 5/8....... as does Soward, as does Mullen, as does Barrett. Who said the halfback has to run the side ? Put Lyon back to 5/8 and let him pull the strings, Foran just has to play his own game and provide an option.

Anyway I'm sick of arguing about. Presuming Des names Foran at halfback we will find out next year whether he is any good or not. If he doesn't get the nod at halfback then we will never know.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4