jason smith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
a point no one seemed to have noticed is that jason smith hardly played at all in the second half.and he wasnt injured.he is easily their most potent weapon.they could not break the line without him last year.generally accepted by everyone that "no smith,no canberra".those same backs as last year made numerous second half breaks and bombed the tries which further worries me about our defensive structure.

elliot obviously thought he had control of the game in leaving smith off the field.

elliot obviously thought he had control of the game in leaving smith off the field.
Because he did!!! We never looked likely and despite our desperate hopes we were goooorrrrrnnnnnnnneeeeeeee very early in the 2nd Half.

What happened to dessie's ground breaking defensive strategy. It looks the same as last year - crap and disorganised.

I can see anther record score against us this year.

I think you'll see alot of that this year with canberra... they will be trying to give todd carney alot more time this year.. preparing for post smith life!

It's funny you know...in the last two actual premiership games, Brian Smith pulled Tim Smith off early because the game was in the bag, then Elliot pulls Jason Smith...

Why waste those players? LoL

i have been a staunch supporter of des as a coach needs time to develop,even more so than a player.However I am starting to join the throng calling for a change of approach both in giving young players a go and developing a solid defensive unit and depth in attack.many good judges north of the border can't believe Ballin is yet to make his debut.the coaching gulf between des and elliot was so obvious on saturday -the deep runners with decoys at our uncertian outside backs and then the second half targeting of a tired king,dunley,kite and co in the middle of the ruck.our tactics were high risk chip kicks over a defence we knew would be coming off their line.their were too many kicks by monaghan and orford for it not to be a game plan.looks good but rarely works.

the most obvious tactical weaknesses for Manly since the middle of last year have been slow play the balls and a lack of runners in motion when we have the pill.that side of the game is about attitude and coaching,not real footballing ability.mata had a good point about mitchell seargents development in this area.as i said earlier it is ridiculous to judje props entirely onaverage metres gained per hitup-the quality of the runs, involvement in decoy play and offloads is more important to the top sides as seargent and scott showed on Sunday(both were less than king and kite).our boys rarely threaten the advantage line and never seem to work in tandem and it never changes which is something that should reflect on the coach.a good manly prop charge is usually a great one off surge up the middle with no support.looks good but rarely produces results.

in a nutshell the jury is out until we produce a game that is tactically good enough to beat a side across the park because individual brilliance from orford,bell,bk won't cut it against good side-and almost every side this year looks very capable.

next week is vital.if we get flogged it is difficult seeing a decent year with the horror draw with night games that follow.

Do you remember the corresponding game last year where Menzies smashed Smith twice, so hard that he left two Smith-sized indentations in the Brookvale turf.

Where was that passion this time around?

In Round One fer goodness sake!!!!!!!!

We were running around like headless chooks and had the same impact.

Good reply Sue.

I thought it was more than Monas that caused last years debacle over the last 13 rounds. It looks like you're starting to agree.

Spot on sue. I was criticising the attack depth right before Brett scored his try so felt a little awkward at the time, however you can't do that type of attack for a whole game.

i have been a staunch supporter of des as a coach needs time to develop,even more so than a player.However I am starting to join the throng calling for a change of approach both in giving young players a go and developing a solid defensive unit and depth in attack.many good judges north of the border can't believe Ballin is yet to make his debut.the coaching gulf between des and elliot was so obvious on saturday -the deep runners with decoys at our uncertian outside backs and then the second half targeting of a tired king,dunley,kite and co in the middle of the ruck.our tactics were high risk chip kicks over a defence we knew would be coming off their line.their were too many kicks by monaghan and orford for it not to be a game plan.looks good but rarely works.

the most obvious tactical weaknesses for Manly since the middle of last year have been slow play the balls and a lack of runners in motion when we have the pill.that side of the game is about attitude and coaching,not real footballing ability.mata had a good point about mitchell seargents development in this area.as i said earlier it is ridiculous to judje props entirely onaverage metres gained per hitup-the quality of the runs, involvement in decoy play and offloads is more important to the top sides as seargent and scott showed on Sunday(both were less than king and kite).our boys rarely threaten the advantage line and never seem to work in tandem and it never changes which is something that should reflect on the coach.a good manly prop charge is usually a great one off surge up the middle with no support.looks good but rarely produces results.

in a nutshell the jury is out until we produce a game that is tactically good enough to beat a side across the park because individual brilliance from orford,bell,bk won't cut it against good side-and almost every side this year looks very capable.

next week is vital.if we get flogged it is difficult seeing a decent year with the horror draw with night games that follow.

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

The only solace is that we have a new half-back and our style of play has to adjust.

I think you'll see alot of that this year with canberra... they will be trying to give todd carney alot more time this year.. preparing for post smith life!

And don;t forget that the raider s also have Zillman who carved up our PL side on saturday and was the difference betwen the two teams.

he has first grade written all over him and completely outplayed our halves Witt and halden.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2