• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roger Fabri podcast with Saab & Xerri. A lot of chat about speed. Fabri said the only player who might beat Saab over 100 metres is Koula. Saab replied Koula would be ahead after 40 metres. Fabri also said Manly would win a NRL 4 x 100 metres relay.

Thanks for posting 40, great listen. Saab is usually quite reserved in interviews but you could see he was comfortable with Roger and Xerri, which helped him come out of his shell a bit.

For anyone that wants an audio only version it's also on Spotify just search 2side podcast. It's about 40 mins and gives nice insights into his upbringing, junior playing days when he lacked confidence, through to being dubbed the fastest man in RL.

Turbo showing his speed in this Holden Cup clip. In recent years, many of his tries have been scored with power.

NRL star Jason Saab has secured a victory in his boxing debut – but not by the means he’d expected, despite dominating the fight with his Manly teammates cheering him on.

Anybody no the reasons he won in bizzare circumstances? Its behind a codesports paywall.

Manly Sea Eagles winger Jason Saab wins boxing debut by TKO after bizarre finish to his fight

NRL star Jason Saab has secured a victory in his boxing debut – but not by the means he’d expected, despite dominating the fight with his Manly teammates cheering him on.

Manly winger Jason Saab scored a bizarre TKO win in his boxing debut after his opponent, Kusitino Sireli, couldn’t continue after injuring his shoulder. With at least 20 of his Manly teammates in attendance, Saab dominated the fight while it lasted, before Sireli backed away a minute into the second round.

After 30 seconds of confusion, it became apparent that the Fijian had suffered an injury.
His corner claimed he’d dislocated his shoulder and he exited the ring cradling his arm.
“It’s a bit disappointing to win like that, but at the end of the day, I’m just grateful that I won and I’m healthy,” Saab told this masthead afterwards.

“But I felt the decision was going that way anyway.
“He was tired and he didn’t look like he wanted too big a part of it anymore.
“It sucks, I wish he didn’t pop his shoulder, because he was actually giving me a pretty tough fight until that point.”

Saab believes Sireli picked up the injury after the pair became entangled against the ropes and referee Les Fear separated them. Far taller than his debutant opponent, Saab dominated the opening round, forcing Sireli back into the ropes on several occasions.
Sireli managed to land the occasional shot, but was always overmatched.

Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic joined the likes of Josh Aloiai, Tolu Koula, Matt Lodge and Josh Schuster for photos with Saab in the ring afterwards. Saab has used boxing to increase his confidence and stay fit over the off-season, and he says the training has helped him mentally as he looks ahead to representative honours.

“I’ve been sparring three minute rounds with 30 seconds rest, but I’ve never been as tired as I was after the first round, so most of it was adrenaline. I was blowing after the first round, but I think he was more tired than me.

“He definitely did land a couple of big shots. They didn’t really hurt, but I could see all the punches coming. There were a couple, but not many.”

After training six days a week in preparation for the bout, Saab has a day off tomorrow, but will join his Manly teammates at a Bear Cottage fundraising event.

In the co-main event, Tyrone Peachey took less than a round to stop Jeremaia Yavala.
Peachey, who first stepped into a boxing ring just weeks ago to keep fit over the off-season, got the better shots off in a wild firefight before referee Les Fear stepped in and called it off.

Earlier on the card, Joey Leilua made a stunning return to the ring, battering an overmatched Paul Ben in less than a minute.

Manly Sea Eagles winger Jason Saab wins boxing debut by TKO after bizarre finish to his fight

Manly winger Jason Saab scored a bizarre TKO win in his boxing debut after his opponent, Kusitino Sireli, couldn’t continue after injuring his shoulder. With at least 20 of his Manly teammates in attendance, Saab dominated the fight while it lasted, before Sireli backed away a minute into the second round.

After 30 seconds of confusion, it became apparent that the Fijian had suffered an injury.
His corner claimed he’d dislocated his shoulder and he exited the ring cradling his arm.
“It’s a bit disappointing to win like that, but at the end of the day, I’m just grateful that I won and I’m healthy,” Saab told this masthead afterwards.

“But I felt the decision was going that way anyway.
“He was tired and he didn’t look like he wanted too big a part of it anymore.
“It sucks, I wish he didn’t pop his shoulder, because he was actually giving me a pretty tough fight until that point.”

Saab believes Sireli picked up the injury after the pair became entangled against the ropes and referee Les Fear separated them. Far taller than his debutant opponent, Saab dominated the opening round, forcing Sireli back into the ropes on several occasions.
Sireli managed to land the occasional shot, but was always overmatched.

Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic joined the likes of Josh Aloiai, Tolu Koula, Matt Lodge and Josh Schuster for photos with Saab in the ring afterwards. Saab has used boxing to increase his confidence and stay fit over the off-season, and he says the training has helped him mentally as he looks ahead to representative honours.

“I’ve been sparring three minute rounds with 30 seconds rest, but I’ve never been as tired as I was after the first round, so most of it was adrenaline. I was blowing after the first round, but I think he was more tired than me.

“He definitely did land a couple of big shots. They didn’t really hurt, but I could see all the punches coming. There were a couple, but not many.”

After training six days a week in preparation for the bout, Saab has a day off tomorrow, but will join his Manly teammates at a Bear Cottage fundraising event.

In the co-main event, Tyrone Peachey took less than a round to stop Jeremaia Yavala.
Peachey, who first stepped into a boxing ring just weeks ago to keep fit over the off-season, got the better shots off in a wild firefight before referee Les Fear stepped in and called it off.

Earlier on the card, Joey Leilua made a stunning return to the ring, battering an overmatched Paul Ben in less than a minute.
Publicity fights. Just my opinion but I hope none of those blokes ever step in the ring with a real fighter.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8