Jason King

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
13 hit ups

129 metres

25 tackles

1 missed tackle

Played the first 25 minutes.

By his standards that is exemplary! :clap:

(Note Kite made 164 metres ;)) :clap: :clap:

I'm one of the first to give it to the princess, but credit where credits due. King was tough in defence and attack and yes Mata, I noticed King still on after 20 mins. I had to ask my 6 year old if King had been replaced and then come back on and he said nah, "he's still going".

Top effort King!! Has the princess tunred into a prince? I certainly hope so and I will be leading the cheer squad for him next week at Brookie.

Jamesie

He did alright. I thought I almost saw a bit of leg drive in one tackle and he went forward on contact. I may have blinked though and been mistaken. :blaugh:

he was awesome. I think hes had a fair season. He can do better but hes done enough to hold his spot in the 17.

King did better, but he still fell short of what he is capable of and he also fell short of some others. On balance i certainly wasnt dirty on his performance.

I would like to know who taught him that backing into tackles was smart and why the hell hasnt someone told him to drop the habit. Its not like he is looking to offload.

Pretty good game from him. He's a bit ordinary but he goes ok and uses his brain most of the time.

pffft he finally reached standard. I still hate the fact he gets near the line turns around and falls into the tackle, did it in most hitups this game. A prop is suppossed to run at and through the tackle not surrender.

And WTF he had momentum ran on to the ball got 2 meters from the defensive line and passed it!!!!! yeah good one, lose momentum and pass it to monas!

**** off out of the team and give us a prop worth his salt.

I cant stand everyone praising him, this year he has had maybe 5 games that would make him an average prop at best overall he falls well short of average

Gee Dan don't hold back!! I see what you are saying, but three consecutive centuries is not a bad effort, a least he has improved on his 30-40 metre efforts earlier in the season.

If he were a decent prop we'd be applauding his 20th century. In fact, no we wouldn't, we'd just expect 100+ metres, not be surprised by it.

Kings work rate was good last night

If he could be taught to run with the purpose and agression of BK, Watmough, Kite hell even Matai and Burns he could be very very good

I have no time for him as a player. The worlds softest ever prop

pffft he finally reached standard. I still hate the fact he gets near the line turns around and falls into the tackle, did it in most hitups this game.

Maybe Jason likes to back into blokes?

Gee Wizz guys - Can't we give him a go? Let's critique him when he has a poor game. Not when he's playing well. I've always liked King as a player, and hoped for the best from him, as he's shown glimpses of leadership and agreesion, and now (without injury hamperring his playing), he's being very consistent.

Good on him, and I sincerely hope he keeps it up.

I DO understand where you guys are coming from though...I just think he's a hell of a lot better than your giving him credit for. Same can be said of Monaghan.

Gee Wizz guys - Can't we give him a go? Let's critique him when he has a poor game. Not when he's playing well. I've always liked King as a player, and hoped for the best from him, as he's shown glimpses of leadership and agreesion, and now (without injury hamperring his playing), he's being very consistent.

Good on him, and I sincerely hope he keeps it up.

I DO understand where you guys are coming from though...I just think he's a hell of a lot better than your giving him credit for. Same can be said of Monaghan.

Deadset Ryan, your posts of this year sound like you are seeking validation from here & MSE people.

he played alright but you have to remember 30 of those meters were from the droput that he stuffed up. but im not going to bag on that performance, as long it becomes consistant.

Jatz - I express an opinion independantly of ANY factors. I don't give a crap about receiving validation....and your a tool for suggesting so. My subjects go against the grain on many, many occassions - so why don't you just shut the hell up...and get on with thing goose. I'm sick to death of people playing the man rather than the subject !!!

Be creative.

If you say so Ryan. I guess you becoming overly sensitive and lashing out with "tool" "goose" & "shut the hell up" isnt personalising your response way past the subject matter at hand 8|

If being creative is being a knob that offers soft opinions and then allows others to sway you just so you become agreeable with them I guess you have got the creativity field all sewn up then :clap:

King still has'nt converted me into thinking he's a decent proposition on his performance last night. But in saying that, is it not the coaches fault that he isn't as effective as he should be? He always appears top heavy to me with a solid upper torso and spindly legs. Hense is it his physicality that means he can't get that leg drive happening that others, i.e. BK, can do when tackled and make another five or ten metres with tacklers hanging onto him. And the backing into tacklers doesn't do much for me. Just go forward and look for gaps to stretch through. Continually running into tacklers is not the go. My favourite prop, Georgie Boy didn't get much play time, why?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4