Jason King

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy - deadset, anyone could drag players 5 metres when they only take 1-2 hit-ups per night. That's pretty much sums up King's parlous workrate. And that's when he TAKES the field.

Cleal is not NRL standard. Cant believe youd prefer him over King, Mata. You have to get out to more games at brookie mate.

I agree KaZa, but these guys haven't seen much of them live. Like you say Cruncher is not NRL standard yet but will be in a year or two with Glenn Stewart, Cuthbertson and Curtis

crackerjack high tackle just quietly! didnt miss, he will be taking a break for a few weeks i reckon!

Might be carried away comparing Cleal to King but there's not that much of a gap. King was the least missed of the 4 front rowers out today.

mate trust me. Give him a few weeks without injury and he will prove what a great prop he is.

Curtis wasnt that great.. he did well.. but against better packs he wont make it imo. 5 missed tackles some glaring misses too. Hes 26 anyway.. not like hes a young gun in a few years blossoming.

Curtis made 3 hitups for 15m and missed 5 tackles

Hopefully Kite and King are back next week in the place of Cleal and Curtis

I still want to know whats going on as far as Glen Staurt is concerned. We heard big wraps on him cracking 1sts this year and appartly he's playing well in PL. Why the hell can't he get a run?

Yeah, and he (Stewart) didin't even get a huge amount of game time in PL. I thought he would've got a run this week for sure.
The one thing that I will say for Cleal is that he adds a bit of biff, boof & mongrel to the side, not enough to keep him in first grade (even some of his PL performances have been ordinary) but fun to watch for those of us who like to consume a few cans of the innnkeepers finest up on the hill.

Flipper - Glenn Stewart is a light-weight second rower. We had 100 kilo props out and you don't replace them with 85 kilo second rowers. Stewart is good and getting better but is a running/ball playing backrower rather than a metre-eater, hold the centre of the ruck prop.

Cleal was okay in my view - though he will have a few weeks off. He and Bryce Gibbs have had a running feud for a few years now, related to an incident when he played for Parra and had his jaw broken (I think) by Gibbs, who got off Scott free!

The idea is to groom him and bring him on slowly, stewart will be a great forward one day

Des obviously went for size - and it seemed the right option, our pack was looking poor until cleal came on. He added some good mongrel. His best game this season i think.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8