Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, there was a brilliant piece (special) on Fox Sports News with Nathan Hindmarsh, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Todd Carney, Jared Hickey and a few others that went to Rwanda this off season, instead of holidaying at resorts and that. It's very heart felt. Great to watch the NRL players, and our boy give so much back to other communities.

There are some tragic stories people.

Well done Jared. Here's hoping you play lots of 1st grade mate. And it's great to find a Kiwi that's good in front of the television speaking wise.

Keep an eye out guys - it's on Fox Sports 3 later in the week. You see a lot of Jared on it.

Sorry lads...it's also not a new snippet, it's a full documentary....interesting to see Carney acting like a man for a change...

Clinton vowed the world would never let another Rwanda happen again.  In ten years time they'll be sending footballers to Zimbabwe.

Matabele link said:
Clinton vowed the world would never let another Rwanda happen again.  In ten years time they'll be sending footballers to Zimbabwe.

The future in Zimbabwe is looking a lot brighter than the past Mata. Mugabe's a tyrant mate, but put it this way, the recent election brought worldwide awareness to Zimbabwe's plight.

I agree that what is happening today between the blacks and the whites, is exactly the same as what has happened between the whites and the blacks if you get what I mean for the past 200 years. The problem is that the blacks are doing it to each other as well.

But onward and upward as I originally have said:-
To give you an example of some positive change, you've got things like Plans Zimbabwe (Australian Group) looking to improve the Health system, Education, HIV and Aids, Household food and economic Security, and Childs rights etc. They have been doing this since 1986.

I also think the establishment of Obama may assist breaking down some of the cultural walls that have been built up over the years between the US and Zimbabwe. Maybe not cultural walls, but maybe (no, definitely) an ignorance, or a blind eye by the US to what is happening, as there may not be the $$$ in it for them to do anything about anything. Here it is in more detail:-
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-11/07/content_10319353.htm

That being said, history is very important, but the future is moreso. I know you have a thing against Gen Y and all that, but I think there is a more human way of thinking now moreso than in the past - well, maybe humane anyways.

I'm not trying to turn a blind eye to the atrocious things that are happening there, but what I'm saying is that I think things have, and will start happening to improve the state of affairs.

from what i saw it was a really good documentary. In a way i wish it was a snippet for a longer program but that also could have taken away from the work they were trying to do over there.

You have no idea Ryan.  The current genocide count in Zimbabwe is estimated at 8 million, with thousands dying of cholera on a daily basis, HIV in 45% of the population and unemployment at 95%.  I'd like to know what those figures were for 1986 (better yet try 1979) to see what a substantive difference Plans Zimbabwe have made.  ROFL.

I heard a stat this week that the average age in Zimbabwe is now 28 years

Inflation is 1,000,000%

A currency that prints trillion dollar bills :p.

TBH and not trying to sound racists. But the blacks ****ed things up over there. They kicked farmers off the farms and then cry that zimbabwe has no food. IMO after the FIFA world cup next year South Africa could go either way, this listening to the local SA club up here.

BTW matas didn't you hear that the cholera and HIV was the direct result of britain

Gee Zep, Maybe you should acknowledge prior ownership when the whites marched in and kicked the blacks of their own lands.  Perhaps the blacks had a legitimate grievance.  I'm sure inflation wasn't a problem then either because maybe blacks weren't paid at all for their labor.  It's all about history.     

Like most conflicts, the whole thing is very complex and not (sorry to use this phrase) 'black and white'. Mata obviously has a keen interest in his homeland but even he would agree that his experience, family, history and contacts etc add up to colouring his perspective.

Simplistic stuff does not solve long-term problems as the Americans have found out so often to their horror. Methinks that Mugabe is a total despotic bastard but there is no guarantee that whoever is one day to take the reigns over there will be any better. It seems like a total mess.

DSM5 link said:
Gee Zep, Maybe you should acknowledge prior ownership when the whites marched in and kicked the blacks of their own lands.  Perhaps the blacks had a legitimate grievance.  I'm sure inflation wasn't a problem then either because maybe blacks weren't paid at all for their labor.  It's all about history.       

Geez maybe you don't want to live in australia and give it back to the aborignals. Go live in the slums of london, paris, warsaw, oslo - wherever. The western world bought us sanitation, medicine, knowledge.

I'm sure it's a wonderful documentary.  When is it on again.

BTW DSM5, there was a contract signed for Rhodesia.   :p

Gruggy link said:
HIV was the fault of the British?

Right..
  According to Mugabe.  I would imagine he's awarded himself a doctorate, so he is an expert on such things. 

The whole of Africa is a complete cockup basically founded on the white policy of Colonialism.  Europeans marched in, took over anything and everything, enslaved the black man and ruled through the barrel of a gun.  My my, now there's tears when blacks put it back on to the whities.  Zep, Euopean's also brought us slavery, exploitation, child labour, Nazism, a few World Wars, Popes and plenty more.  I don't acknowledge that the 'western world' brought us medicine, knowledge or sanitation.  There are other places on the planet.  I'd recommend you reading 'The New Penguin History of The World' by JM Roberts.  That'll do for starters. 

Without going too far back, the current generation is better off having the people who can farm, farming there farms and not running them out of the country. And i mean the black farmers aswell. Mugabe does not discriminate.

As for your statements about slavery exploitation etc etc. Remember that country on the continent of Africa that basically taught the world about all those things, wait what are there names, i forget begins with  E, the jews fled from it, hmmm maybe it Egypt? All this 3000 years before Colonial Britain, Spain and France tried to colonise Africa.

Matabele link said:
You have no idea Ryan.  The current genocide count in Zimbabwe is estimated at 8 million, with thousands dying of cholera on a daily basis, HIV in 45% of the population and unemployment at 95%.  I'd like to know what those figures were for 1986 (better yet try 1979) to see what a substantive difference Plans Zimbabwe have made.  ROFL.

Whoa there mate. I wasn't meaning to under state what has happened. I thought I did say everything was tragic. That being said, your attachment to that history is very solid, and apologise if I offended.

In all honesty, I'm not very educated about the subject, but these days, real images and stories are becoming easier to source - hence why I stated there is a better awareness about the situation than in the past.

Look, I created this thread as a positive, and maybe I shouldn't have. I didn't create it to piss you off mate.

back on track, the doco was on last night and wasn't too bad, Hindmarsh appears to have too much sense to play for parramatta, and young JWH seemed to be a level headed guy.........for a kiwi

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2