• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
what more is there to say. He hasn't been approved. He is serving his pennance for good reason and when the NRL think he is reformed he may be allowed to play again.

This wasn't a misdemeanour the bloke went to jail. It's not our place to delve into the legalities and semantics of one case or the other. We have courts to do that.

He is a real worker reminds me of Watmough if he can just bulk a little more he could be great, he is more than capable of making the step up now I think. I was also really impressed with the 14 that played lock he was really tough maybe just a little small tho for his style.

This wasn't a misdemeanour the bloke went to jail. It's not our place to delve into the legalities and semantics of one case or the other. We have courts to do that.

Not delving into legalities, that's been taken care of. Court gave him time in Jail and he did that time. I'm not questioning anything about the legal case against the guy, and probably think he got off ab bit light on that side of things to be honest but that's what that system decided.

I'm just asking why he he's being kept out of the footy side of things while comparable offenders are back in, Packer as mentioned before , B J Leilua is being touted for origin, there's even talk of Matthew Lodge coming back in for the Broncs...plus a list long enough of others that could fill up 5 pages on this site.I'd just like to see what they are trying to achieve with this guy and the plan to get him there is all.

Not delving into legalities, that's been taken care of. Court gave him time in Jail and he did that time. I'm not questioning anything about the legal case against the guy, and probably think he got off ab bit light on that side of things to be honest but that's what that system decided.

I'm just asking why he he's being kept out of the footy side of things while comparable offenders are back in, Packer as mentioned before , B J Leilua is being touted for origin, there's even talk of Matthew Lodge coming back in for the Broncs...plus a list long enough of others that could fill up 5 pages on this site.I'd just like to see what they are trying to achieve with this guy and the plan to get him there is all.
Perhaps the NRL have got this one right & the others wrong hey..

The issue that I have is that he was charged and convicted of an offense. He served his time in prison and met his subsequent requirements of his parole which has now been completed. So as far as his debt to society he has paid what the courts deemed appropriate. His employer (aka Manly) wishes to give him a second chance and attempt to get his life back on track. However, the regulator will not allow this for reasons that have not been made clear (to us).

If people want to push the legal point of view there is clear precedent that has been set by the reintroduction to the league of players that have been convicted of similar offenses. These people were actually reinstated at an earlier point through the process.

The point of all this is that it is not a legal issue at all as the law is generally black and white and does not carry bias (at least it is not meant to). This is the NRL essentially restricting a mans ability to apply his trade with no legal reasoning that is obvious. The club can hire as many lawyers as they desire, however; whilst ever the NRL is a law unto themselves the club will get nowhere.

Always remember, the NRL treats all clubs evenly. It's just that some are treated more evenly than others.

It's generally 12 months out. Last year Hoppa didn't start the year in reserve. It's a punt, but I wouldn't mind betting that if he has done all his rehab and courses, he will be able to play NRL after June 30.

Maybe if he wasn't trying to play for the Manly NRL side, it wouldn't be a problem.

TinFoilHat.jpg

Can't work it out. Zane tetevano (sp?) gave his missus a hiding and went to jail. Hoppa went to jail for doing the same to a male. Tetevano plays nrl. Jamil can't
Google what Hoppa did, and he did it 'in company'. The victim was lucky to survive :cool:

Trivializing domestic violence is abhorrent.
The physical power difference between Tetevano and another man, let alone a female, makes his 'hiding' on a loved one straight out aggrevated assault :mad:

The NRL's stance on Hoppa is theirs to take. They set the requirements and it's up to a player to fulfil them @:cool:

I not sure if club pushing point. Look at zane tetavano as well. In thoery he should be clear, i believe we invested into bainbridge more
Tetevano pleaded guilty on 28 November 2014, and in March 2015 was sentenced to 18 months jail. In August 2015 his appeal was successful and his jail sentences were suspended, meaning he was still subject to a jail sentence but could serve that in the community.

In July 2016 Sam Rigney of the Newcastle Herald contacted the NRL to query his status, given Tetevano was selected to play for Cook Islands yet had told the court he didn't want to play league any more.

“Zane Tetevano was refused re-admission to the game for two years after his conviction,” an NRL spokesman said.
“Like other players, he was allowed to re-enter the game at the start of the year through the NSW Cup.
“The NRL has required him to undertake a number of courses related to respecting women.
“He has nearly completed those courses and, when he does, he will be allowed to return to the NRL.”

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4016200/zane-plays-long-game/

Does that even make sense? He was convicted when sentenced in March 2015, yet was allowed to sign with the Roosters in September 2016, which is less than the supposed 2 year ban, and also presumably while he was still subject to suspended jail sentences.

It only makes sense that the Rorters were allowed to do it. The NRL seems to just make it up as they go.

Former Souths player Auva'a pleaded guilty on 28 May 2014 to domestic violence, two charges of recklessly causing serious injury and criminal damage. He persuaded the court to delay his sentencing for 6 months and the NRL allowed him to play out the whole season, including the grand final. In November 2014, the NRL then banned him indefinitely 'but for at least 9 months'. He was allowed to play 9 months later - of which nearly 4 months had been off-season.

Yes @Shoe1 after all the NRL is a great supporter of White Ribbon Day. It actually helps the victims of domestic violence if offending players are happy, because if they were banned they might get even more pissed off. Great lateral thinking by NRL.

Not sure if the following article has been posted here before. It summaries what Jamil did and why he was jailed.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-alcoholfuelled-violence-20151010-gk5zop.html

Hopoate, 20, was contracted to Manly when he took part in an assault that was described by Downing Centre Local Court magistrate Jane Mottley as "savage and unprovoked", when he and a group of friends punched and kicked Alexander Christie outside the Ivanhoe Hotel at Manly.

Hopoate was filmed attempting to kick Christie and even though he did not connect he was found equally as culpable as his co-offenders who were dealt with in the District Court.

Another man who tried to stop the attack was assaulted. Hopoate pleaded guilty to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in company over the attack and served nine months of an 18-month sentence following a successful appeal in the District Court.

Are you inferring that Jamil's misses is a bloke? Zane's was Domestic Violence?
I don't think he's inferring that (!)
Tetevano and Auva'a were domestic violence, Hopoate and Packer were attacks on strangers. Alcohol got a mention in each case.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10