Jamil Hopoate Jailed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:
A sickening attack and an appropriate punishment. The club must act in the same manner as they did with Tetevano. Don't want my club employing people like this.

I understand the sentiment mick, but this is different to the Tetavano circumstances because he had not ever even played for us. I want my club to be like family. The Hopoate family are Sea Eagles family and I want our great club to stick with him and help him rehabilitate himself. Possibly.......in the fullness of time......he may play for us again, but he is family.

Would you wipe a member of your own family if they had made a bad decision and screwed up.

Family? Didn't Hopoate Snr direct his sons to Parramatta for a few extra bucks. The only reason Jamil came back was because Parra got rid of him. Yeah, real loyal!

The time has come for the club to sever all ties with the Hopoates.

Over the years the club has stood firmly by John and his clan inspite of the countless lunatic actions his family have transgressed.

Loyalty is a 2 way street and that family have not shown in kind any sort of loyalty to our club instead Hoppa arranged for his boys to play for our arch enemies. That has never sat well with me as a member.

I do hope that Jamil can turn his life around, he is a seriously talented footballer.

Enough is Enough. Time to cut all the Hoppas loose!

To be fair John didn't get into any trouble really when he actually played for manly. Will behaved well too. Apart from switching clubs.

sheridanstand78 said:
Hoppa did serve an 18 match ban in 2005 for belting a sharks player.

You're right, but I meant off field stuff. He's come up a bit in the news since he retired.

I guess enough is enough.
This guy admitted guilt so why did Manly allow him to play this year?
Bad move.

wedgetail eagle said:
Talking all things Hoppa.
This was in the NT News.

This failed to mention that the dog committed suicide after the event because he couldn't live with the shame and the taunts from the other dogs in the neighbourhood.

Moops said:
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:
A sickening attack and an appropriate punishment. The club must act in the same manner as they did with Tetevano. Don't want my club employing people like this.

I understand the sentiment mick, but this is different to the Tetavano circumstances because he had not ever even played for us. I want my club to be like family. The Hopoate family are Sea Eagles family and I want our great club to stick with him and help him rehabilitate himself. Possibly.......in the fullness of time......he may play for us again, but he is family.

Would you wipe a member of your own family if they had made a bad decision and screwed up.

Family? Didn't Hopoate Snr direct his sons to Parramatta for a few extra bucks. The only reason Jamil came back was because Parra got rid of him. Yeah, real loyal!

For the record, it was an extra $450k each year. Hardly a few extra bucks.

Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:

Not exactly.

William's contract with manly was $150k/yr for 3 years
(2009-2011), which was staggering money for a 16 year old, who
didn't debut in 1st grade until 2011 - the 3rd year of his contract.

Parra came in with their deal of $600k a year, for 3 years from 2014.
But Manly would've offered something like $450k/yr (ruffly? maybe $500k)
for his next upgrade and would've liked some "loyalty" from young Will,
Only because they had strongly supported the kid early on.

Bandit said:
Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:

Not exactly.

William's contract with manly was $150k/yr for 3 years
(2009-2011), which was staggering money for a 16 year old, who
didn't debut in 1st grade until 2011 - the 3rd year of his contract.

Parra came in with their deal of $600k a year, for 3 years from 2014.
But Manly would've offered something like $450k/yr (ruffly? maybe $500k)
for his next upgrade and would've liked some "loyalty" from young Will,
Only because they had strongly supported the kid early on.

Yep Daddy made the decision for him

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6