Jamie Lyon's missed kick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan

Has anyone else noticed he kicked this from the wrong place?

We crossed 10 metres infield, and he tries to convert it from the sideline.

WTF?

honestly wouldn't surprise me.

I was also blown away that full time was blown 5 seconds early we're on the attack...

Out of everything that happened in the game the missed kick probably cuts me the most. Canterbury didn't have another try in them. Lyon gets it and we win.

Just watched the replay and there is no doubt the ref gave Killer the wrong mark. He moved it closer to the sideline by conservatively 3-4m from where Blair scored. That's a big difference on conversion success percentage there.

Seriously with all the officials and replays we have why can't get these simple things right. We kick that goal and we are in the box seat, it takes the field goal out of play and forces them to score a try, which they had struggled to do for 50 minutes.

I take the point, but what ifs don't really achieve anything in the long run. Sure, if Lyon kicks the goal etc, but what if Hodkinson kicked his first conversion of the night? It takes the field goal out of it, and we lose by 2.

Snake said:
I take the point, but what ifs don't really achieve anything in the long run. Sure, if Lyon kicks the goal etc, but what if Hodkinson kicked his first conversion of the night? It takes the field goal out of it, and we lose by 2.

Point taken Snake, but what if the officials had sacked up and penalised Reynolds for being 3m offside in extra time ?

Snake said:

The point is Hodkinson took his kick from the right spot, Killer wasn't afforded that chance. The ref farked up and they should acknowledge that. Lyon's chances of kicking that goal have to improve the closer to the posts he gets.

Chip and Chase said:
Snake said:

The point is Hodkinson took his kick from the right spot, Killer wasn't afforded that chance. The ref farked up and they should acknowledge that. Lyon's chances of kicking that goal have to improve the closer to the posts he gets.

not disputing that, I just think there are an endless amount of hypotheticals, but end of the day, you win some and lose some. 16 nil down from poor defence was more crucial in the result, than Reynolds kicking it into the referee, or where Jamie Lyon took the kick from.

Maybe we should be blaming Horo for the kick being taken from the wrong spot.

The ref should have marked the spot correctly but after the try, Horo ran in and patted Ennis on the head causing the fight. Then 5 minutes later with the endless video replays (of the fight) and refs regaining control (and having to move off the mark), it appears to me that they forgot the spot where the try was scored.

If Horo had not run in then the ref would have marked the spot, then waited for the video replays to check the try and so it would be far less likely for them to get it wrong.

So pretty simple, it was a dumb thing for Horo to run up to Ennis like he did.

Rodo said:
Maybe we should be blaming Horo for the kick being taken from the wrong spot.

The ref should have marked the spot correctly but after the try, Horo ran in and patted Ennis on the head causing the fight. Then 5 minutes later with the endless video replays (of the fight) and refs regaining control (and having to move off the mark), it appears to me that they forgot the spot where the try was scored.

If Horo had not run in then the ref would have marked the spot, then waited for the video replays to check the try and so it would be far less likely for them to get it wrong.

So pretty simple, it was a dumb thing for Horo to run up to Ennis like he did.

Rubbish !!!!

I knew where the Try was scored and I was at home. Not blaming Lyon but as the goal kicker and watching on the big screen where the try was scored , he should of made a point of it. His also captain.

The refs that night were changing decisions based on players advice.

Horo to blame for Lyon having another few minutes to rest and compose himself for the kick?

Win some and lose some, that's what it came down to.

Bad luck and move onto 2015

I think we should be on the look out for a radar boot to do the kicking next year.

While Lyon is a good kicker we should have a great kicker.

Further, there should be a flag dropped by the pocket ref behind the goal-line where the try was scored. (Similar to NFL.)

If a player moves the flag it would then become a send off offense. The referee and the kicker would always know where the mark was.

However, I have noticed when I used to watch the game, that some kickers seem to take the kicks from wider out than they need to. IMHO.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4