Jamie Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Today showed me why we all love Jamie Lyon. I can't remember him playing that bad with 2 intercept passes, and then he pulls off a brilliant play at the end to help seal the game. Plus he just never stopped putting himself about, pushing, probing.

Very few players would have come back today the way he did, most would have gone into their shell and thought 'oh god don't let the ball come near me'. Not Killer, he tried to inspire and get the win....a true champion.

Rushed home after the farewell Lap to Kingy and caught the match from when we were down 6-22 with 25 minutes to go :D

In the 75th minute, Killer is outside Foz on the LHS, two passes later he runs it up from the RHS , then ends up galloping up the center of the field :huh:
Handled 4 times in 5 tackles. And in the next set he scored a try 77 minutes. :)

Hard to believe but true :)

The Wheel said:
How was Kingy pass in that final play?

A once in a decade pass! Saved it up until his pass at Brookie. Quite unbelievable as Kingy has rarely ever tried to pass & the few times he has have not ended well.

Kingy will have a finals season extraodinaire, to make up for his missing out on the 2011 assault :sleepy:

Its lovely to see him do a lap of honour with his little boy. It reminded me of Beaver's final game when he walked around with his little girl :angel:

Killer is a Manly great. Other players would have gone into their shell after 2 intercepts leading to tries, but he kept looking for ways to get us back into the game. A true captains knock.

Andy1972
Manly Forever

Class player, but I do think we need an overhaul for next season in terms of how we get Jamie quality ball

I don't think it is any coincedence that since Glenn has been gone, Killers attacking game hasn't been as dangerous without Glenn taking him to the line or sending a nice long ball with plenty of space for him to work with

Would be good to find a structure or ball player that gives him a bit more opportunity and space

The defence was up very quick out wide today.
Some kicks i behind the line would keep the defence second guessing, which would then give Jamie more room

Said before but I'll say it again: he's one of the best to ever wear the maroon and white. He could have lost us the game today with two terrible passes that led directly to opposition tries, but instead of going into his shell he did everything he possibly could to get us over the line. Guy's a legend.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7