Jamie Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Hasler and the medical staff are certain that Jamie will be fit on Sunday and will be in the run on side to take on the Dragons.

Jamie also wants to play for the Blues again next year if his form allows it.

Rothfield is at it againin his blog today

Jamie Lyon’s disrespect for rep footy is poor form

Phil Rothfield
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 at 05:38pm

Should the NRL step in and ban Jamie Lyon from playing for Manly against the Dragons this weekend?

The Sea Eagles centre has a long history of making himself unavailable for representative football.

How can he be fit for an NRL game this weekend when the NSW doctor rules him out from a game a few days later?
Join executive sports editor Phil Rothfield online from 1pm today to discuss the Lyon drama.

LINK
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/jamie_lyons_disrespect_for_rep_footy_is_poor_form/

my post to him
Phil
You must be really struggling for blogs to come up with if you have to use this as one
WTF !!

He was selected for nsw and then Ruled for nsw. He didnt rule himself out, the manly doctor didnt rule him out. The nsw doctors ruled him out,He may have been ruled out simply because he wouldnt be able to train with the side as early as bellamy would have liked. If Manly Club doctors decide he is fit enough to play for manly he should be allowed to.

John

P.S
how about your next blog being about News LTD Journos stabbing OUR game in the back every chance they get

Give it to him BE with both barrels!

What appalling bias from Rothfield who clearly knows the facts of the matter but chooses to sensationalise them in his cheap biased way.

My Spray to Phillistine
-----------------------

Your continued hatred and biased towards Jamie Lyon is laughable.

Any time his name is mentioned you go out of your way to spin anything negative you can about it in order to push your continued agenda against him.

I truly believe that if someone doesn't want to play rep football, then they shouldn't be made to play and be allowed to step down, that the NRL forces them to shows that they barely know their ass from their elbows and have a "leader" who would be better suited to a B-grade comedy movie.

In this case as in others when it comes to Lyon, you have spun it to appear as though Manly and Jamie Lyon conspired to get out of Origin so that he could play for Manly, when the truth is plain and simple.

NSW selected him
NSW doctor ruled him out (likely because he wouldn't be able to train with the squad, and there are a number of centres that are able to quickly step in)

Manly said he may be fit to play, and he wouldn't need to train with the Manly squad since he has been playing with them for so long as it is.

I don't mind your blog sometimes, but you are clutching at straws here, and are definitely lowering yourself to a standard I would expect of other hacks like Magnay and Wilson.

Mediocrity is not in the Manly culture but seems to flourish in yours!

Someone should use Phil's comment in his blog yesterday about Lyon playing for Manly and see what the piece of sht says:

Buzz, off topic question, if Lyon pulls up ok at the end of the week can he play for Manly?? seeing that he has been ommitted from NSW squad

John of Manly (Reply)
Wed 08 Jul 09 (01:06pm)

Mate, that’s a very good question. I just checked with the NRL, and yes, he can play because he was ruled out of the Origin by the Blues doctor, David Gifney. If it had been his club doctor who said he was unfit to play for the Blues, he’s have to miss the game this weekend. Who knows, he might come good by the weekend and play.  

He knows there's nothing wrong with it, he's trying to stir fans to hate Manly, hate Lyon, sell his agendas.... It's pretty boring and sad actually.  Most people were screaming to have Lyon out of the side anyways, they got their wish so what's the problem?  God the media love finding scapegoats

It's ridiculous the guy was forced to play in the first place.  As a family man with three boys I'd also be counting the cost if I was in his position.

It's not everyone's ambition to have to spend 9 days of their lives with a boys' club going on bonding benders and shatting in each others' shoes.

Lyon ought to be congratulated for putting his young family ahead of his own ambition.  If there were more fathers like him we'd probably have fewer dick heads taking to the NRL fields each week.   

The general venom on the Telegraph site against Killer shows the moronic level of the idiots that follow our game and read their rag. All this stoked up by Rothfield's unjustifiable blog of "Lyon's disrespect' is pure insanity. I am picking up a theme here. Where are the blogs on the big issues such as salary cap cheating clubs, judiciary inconsistencies, etc? Maybe it is because they don't sell sponsor's products and newspapers.

ManlyBacker link said:
The general venom on the Telegraph site against Killer shows the moronic level of the idiots that follow our game and read their rag. All this stoked up by Rothfield's unjustifiable blog of \"Lyon's disrespect' is pure insanity. I am picking up a theme here. Where are the blogs on the big issues such as salary cap cheating clubs, judiciary inconsistencies, etc? Maybe it is because they don't sell sponsor's products and newspapers.

I have long been thinking of setting up a general NRL site, one that tackles issues about salary cap etc, however stays mainly with footy and does not report any of the off field controversy.

I just need other writers to get on board

Its all about selling papers any way they can.

These junk writers don't care what facts they distort, make up or who they stick the knife into in order to stir up footie fans of whichever colour so that lots of  people will buy their gutter rag due to all the controversy/hate being stirred up.

Sorry to labour the point and am sure you blokes/gals have seen it all before ::)

Canteen Worker link said:
It's okay Greg. The Captain Obvious tag is available for anyone that would like to take it from me??? :) :) :)
  Simply noone is up to that standard.  Sorry, it's yours for good.

Matabele link said:
It's ridiculous the guy was forced to play in the first place.  As a family man with three boys I'd also be counting the cost if I was in his position.

It's not everyone's ambition to have to spend 9 days of their lives with a boys' club going on bonding benders and shatting in each others' shoes.

Lyon ought to be congratulated for putting his young family ahead of his own ambition.  If there were more fathers like him we'd probably have fewer dick heads taking to the NRL fields each week.   
  Gee, how strange my entry has been overlooked.  Maybe Buzzzzzzzzzz couldn;t think of a dismissive reply, though it appears his replies don't have to be at all connected to reality. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8