Jamie Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
He has really stepped up at 5/8 now and is showing what a classy player he really is
thank you Des and Manly for showing faith in signing him at all costs and hopefully this season will silence all his knockers

also
A nice touch at the presentation
Jamie had his son carrying the footy that each player had to give to the Kareena u8s team and his son gave the footy to the kid
clap0xd.gif

Most improved player this season.

He was always an outstanding player in the centers, but he has developed into a ver good pivot as well, I can't wait to see that development continue into next season.

He was excellent.  There were many deserving mom, and he was one.  I just love his defense and he played all over Inglis. 

The difference he has made to this side since his return from injury has been phenomenal. He is playing much better in that role, and the difference that having options has made to Orfords game has been astronomical. His kicking last night was great. I think he has some improvement in him as well so we will hopefully see him warm to the position even more next season.

Lyon's awareness has improved remarkably.  He knows the play to make consistently. Can't see Lyon moving to centres next year with Phil Bailey's brother's arrival.

Where to play Bailey.  Maybe lock or bench?  Jeezus Jamie played awesome.  His reading of the game was sensational.

DSM5 - I still say:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Michael Bani
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Chris Bailey

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Jason King
17. Glenn Hall

ALL these players can almost ball play too !!

Fro link said:
Lyon has pretty much given the rep stuff away
Not necessarily. My daughter was in Kid's hospital for a week at Origin time and saw JL there every day as his daughter was there with a serious burn. Explains why he did not want to be in camp for 10 days and chose to drop out of rep team!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=178688.msg200086#msg200086 date=1223250724]
Lyon has pretty much given the rep stuff away
Not necessarily. My daughter was in Kid's hospital for a week at Origin time and saw JL there every day as his daughter was there with a serious burn. Explains why he did not want to be in camp for 10 days and chose to drop out of rep team!!!
[/quote]

I thought it was his boy, not daughter, that was in hospital. He touched an iron or something from memory, and like you say, Killer didn't want to be away from his family while City/Country was on (nothing game, family was more important). Then with Origin he was called upon to be the backup to Gasnier in Game 2, but the family thing came into it again, even though his kid wasn't in hospital by that point.

Sterlo really hates Lyon and there are a lot of people who will do anything they can to make sure he doesn't see a rep jumper again. I hope that the real selectors see beyond that as he wants another crack at an Aussie jumper. Outside of our forward domination he was probably the biggest influence over the last 5 weeks in giving us the title. It took pressure of Ox and had the opposition guessing which way to defend. His kicking game has never been better.

Are we going to be a centre short next year now??

I think Neumann will play alot at centre. I can't see Lyon being moved now.

put lyon at lock in the same role menzies has played in recent years..

The problem is wayne bennet as coach of new zealand already knew how to give melbourne trouble as coach and shut down inglis and slater... Now he has seen everything from manly, as in how to completely shut them down, so if you pick slater, falou and inglis Australia as a team has to rely on lockyer and that fag thruston who has probably been pissed every day since cowgirls ****ed each other on the last day of there season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6