Jamie Lyon: Manly's Fittest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brilliant post @Snake I think he is someone that we have just seen as a cornerstone of our Champion Team of the last decade and have almost at times thought it would go on forever. When we were putting the pieces together of this team around 03, 04 and 05 you could see that we were building towards being a formidable team. One that would be in the top 8 and could push into week 2 or 3 of the semis, but there was something missing. In 06 when news came through we'd signed Jamie Lyon I remember saying to my brother in law 'the missing piece has arrived!'. I was just so excited to hear the news as you could just see that it meant a premiership was a possibility. And wow, has he delivered or has he delivered. He walks straight into our Greatest Ever Team and in my absolutely biased eyes is the greatest centre of the last 30 years (I can't say before then). Plus he is as Snake says just a top bloke.

I actually think he has exceeded expectation. He was a great footballer at the Eels, but I remember the patch of form he ran into in 2011-2012, he was arguably the best player in the game. He competes for absolutely everything but in such a calm and calculated way.

I actually think he has exceeded expectation. He was a great footballer at the Eels, but I remember the patch of form he ran into in 2011-2012, he was arguably the best player in the game. He competes for absolutely everything but in such a calm and calculated way.
2011 v Broncos in week 3 of the semis. Who can forget the tackle he pulled off on Gillett. The Broncs were coming back at us and could have beaten us. Killer tackles Gillett over the line and somehow holds up a certain try.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I bet it won't be long before we are all saying that he looks amazing, and are making calls for him to sign for a few more years. I hope it happens. Give us two more after this Jamie.

While he's fit we should keep him, half fit he's better than most players. Then he should be retired to stud where he can maintain the bloodline for future Manly champions.

Steve Rogers was the best centre I've seen play in my time but jamie Lyon has taken the prize.

I hope Baz moves quickly to sign him up as support staff the first season he decides to hang the boots up. It still feels like he'd be very tempted to retire in wee waa with the family but hopefully he decides to stick with his maroon and white family long after his captaincy. Absolute leader and absolute legend.

Killer is our best centre since Snoz. He brings to the team a calmness and is going to be hard to replace when he hangs up the boots, it is no surprise that he is fighting fit, I just hope he can get through this new season without too many problems. One Lyon is worth 100 Forans!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6