Jamie Lyon - an Eel????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
The Herald today is carrying an article that Lyon is very likely to go back to Parra. Says the Eels will offer similar money to that being paid to Monaghan at Manly (a bit more)

Interesting development that blows the conspiracy theory that he is signed with Manly out of the water.

Full article - http://www.silvertails.net/news.php?extend.1195

Says that the Slimes will look to play him at five-eighth. As Morris is said to be going back to the Knights with Smith that would figure.

The Eels are said to have the jump as noone else can talk to him up until June 30. :(

It certainly looks like it is going that way ??-damn !!Maybe after we win this years premiership ,we may realise we dont need him . 8|

They wont be able to deny the problem was with Smith anymore though

strange way to comment using monas as an example - his standing in the game my be higher than i thought if they expect the average joe from other clubs to remember what he is on.

strange way to comment using monas as an example - his standing in the game my be higher than i thought if they expect the average joe from other clubs to remember what he is on.
Fluff - that was my comment!!! If Lyon is going to offered around 300k that puts a hooker who shares the spot with Dunley in a pretty pricey category!!!!

well i would have thought 250 based on your comments - 300 is substantially higher - closer to one of our overpaid props, but miles behind our halfback

Who would be Knights 5/8 then - Morris or Gidley? If Carney is on a 1 year deal they might be thinking of sticking Morris back on the wing.

we probably are not desperate to get lyon now anyway ( apologies if you have all been over this ) with Bell and a developing Matai in tre centres, we would probably be better off getting another 2nd rower as BK and Beaver are not getting any younger.

A blue chip front rower would not go astray in the price/webke/morley catergory. Or even a quality hooker, money better spent in my opinion

well i have to admit, i have not seen much of ballin,

all im saying is if we dont chase Lyon, then a origin or test quality hooker would be ideal compliment our halfback, ie Buderus/Joey Priddis/Gower and so on, i dont want to re open old wounds as he is playing ok, but Monahs will never reach those heights and to win a premiership you need a quality front row.

I'd prefer to spend the money on a young prop..

Matthew Scott??
Justin Poore??
Ashton Sims??
Brett White??

Someone like this

agree Nutzy, although i take some heart in the form of Bryant, he is definately overshadowing his more illustrious starting props. poore or Sims would be awesome, and with the Dragons cap issues they may be half a chance to be available!

Don't get me wrong i'm all for him coming... i mean he is an elite player... for me he is up there with ya thurstons, bowens, benji's and gowers and i'd love to have him in the team but for the money i'd prefer to get some props

Agree totally Nutz, just hoping this current crop [props] stand up.
Their showing agression and good go forward so far.

I agree Smoke screen, remember the crap in the press prior to The Ox signing?

It's all a game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4