Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ashton Davis

Reserve Grader
Well I just disagree with that. Brian Kelly is a great little player, and Des letting him walk without compensation was a disaster (I get he probably wanted to go - but why? Let's address that).

I’m with you on this one. Brian Kelly is a good centre. One of those players who has the misfortune of signing with clubs who aren’t doing well and are made to look bad because of it. Signed with us after we had fallen off our perch and then went back home to a club that has never built a winning culture. Professional sporting outfits on the Gold Coast have always struggled for relevance.

Ramien would have been good to keep too. And what happened with Gutherson will always be a massive shame

Nordburg

First Grader
After playing 200 first grade games in the halves he should have some idea, I didn’t see any of his running game or his show and go on the weekend.

His game was way below par for me and he should have stepped up for an experienced player, I am on the fence with Brooks, he has had some nice touches, Artur was brought to be a ball playing forward, that was the statement from the club at the time, he may go into being a good seven though he will need experienced players to lead like any young player.
Arthur would have played 7 on Saturday if he wasn’t injured,so you can forget about the point that he was bought to be a ball playing forward,it has no relevance to this.
As for Brooks playing 200+ games and having some idea,DCE has played 300+ games and there are times/games where he appears to have no idea

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Who knows if maybe Humphreys himself only wanted a one year deal so he could show his ability in reserve grade in the hope of picking up a bigger contract elsewhere?
Unprecedented and ballsy move from a rookie with no runs on the board, but it’s a possibility. If anything, that only affirms the point I’m trying to make in the first place; it’s not always the club that determines the outcome for players…they have their own agency that ultimately determines their success.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Unprecedented and ballsy move from a rookie with no runs on the board, but it’s a possibility.
The key words to your post is Runs on the Board ....

I agree with you that it is a possibility and all things are possible under the magic spell of a Head coach like Wayne Bennet who has plenty of Runs on the Board and brings out the best in all his players
Wayne Bennet saw the potential in Jamie Humphreys and snapped him up

The New South Sydney Head coach and The Man with the Runs on the Board who has done it all and Keeps doing it all over again
1719433820184.png

StuBoot

Bencher
The Rabbitohs have reportedly lured promising utility Jamie Humphreys from the Sea Eagles in what is one of incoming coach Wayne Bennett’s first moves.

Following the news that Dolphins back rower Euan Aitken is set to follow Bennett to the Bunnies, and Souths letting star hooker Damien Cook walk to link up with the Dragons from next season, the Rabbitohs have an eye to the future with the pick up of Humphreys.

The 22-year-old, who can play halfback and hooker, is Manly’s reigning Jersey Flegg player of the year and even though he’s enjoyed a strong season in NSW Cup, the Sea Eagles are willing to let him sign with a rival club according to WWOS.

View attachment 27434
Don't you just love journo rhetoric.
"Willing to let him sign with a rival club"
kind of implies that Mestrov is in the phone offering him up.

Really?

Could the real reason be
  • Couldn't match the rivals offer , $$$ and length of deal?
  • Couldn't meet the players terms, length of deal, position etc?

No mention of what sort of $$ Souffs offered or if we made an offer and if so, what?
That would be real journalism.
Maybe he wanted way more than we were prepared to pay.
It's just easier to say we didn't want him and Bennett's first big signing is a young half/hooker that may or may not be the next big thing.

Last edited:
Humphreys was an ordinary 9 and below average half at Blacktown. He may well make a fist of first grade in a few years, but wouldn’t hold my breath. Good park footballer… bunnies need a budget reserve grader to cover ilias… bye bye!

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Humphreys was an ordinary 9 and below average half at Blacktown. He may well make a fist of first grade in a few years, but wouldn’t hold my breath. Good park footballer… bunnies need a budget reserve grader to cover ilias… bye bye!
If your take is correct it certainly explains why the club are ok to let him go. He wouldn't be the first "next big thing" to reach their ceiling before being first grade quality.

If your take is correct it certainly explains why the club are ok to let him go. He wouldn't be the first "next big thing" to reach their ceiling before being first grade quality.
Plenty of lower grade superstars don’t get to excel at NRL level. Sure he’s a good player on his day at Blacktown, but no runs on the board at nrl level, so not sure why all the love for him. Arthur has the toughness and enough skill to play footy, there is more upside to him as a solid half or future edge or 13 option…

Bunting or Brandy has a young kid in the pathway system… DCE will play till he is 40 at this rate… haha

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19