Jamie Buhrer 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
is there a place for Jamie Buhrer in this new pack?
What would be his role?
What do you experts and armchair experts think?

I'm certainly not an expert but how about 5/8?
Would add some starch to the backline defence.
If DCE is going to be calling the shots on both sides of the park, could it work with Ferris shuffling the ball out to Lyon and Co.
Does he have the ball skills?

Depends if he is good enough.
I would prefer a fit Buher over Brown anyway of the week. But we also have Symonds aswell. Atleast one of those if not two should be playing NSW cup each week.

Two knee reconstructions now ending back to back seasons. He needs to prove he's still up for it. We don't need two Moltzens haha

Two knee reconstructions now ending back to back seasons. He needs to prove he's still up for it. We don't need two Moltzens haha
I thought that about Brett but was happy to be proven wrong, hopefully it will be the same for Jamie

Buhrer is 1 of the classiest forwards in the game offering great edge running & anticipation that is natural, will compliment the additions perfectly IF his recovery is good, plus a solid defender.
Brown seems to be underestimated on here, played out of position at Riff & is a quality modern day backrower.
Will prove a great buy & both these players will be in the 17
.....if fit....both play left side but can easily adapt to switch it up.

I like his ticker, intelligence and work ethic on the field. But I don't like it when one of our forwards regularly gets rag dolled. Not fussed whether he survives the rebuild or not, and I'd rather purchase Gavet to complete out intimidating pack. We have lots of options for lock. I'd like to see Turbo senior at lock.

Buhrer is all class. He can transition the ball from the forwards to the backs, play plenty of positions, defends like a beast, has lots of endurance (80 minute player). He is an integral part of the team - and given health, I hope may be captain going forward.

Ferris was showing some really good form before his knee gave out. He has 'fortunelty' had a year to recover so hopefully he starts to find that form again next year.

Ferris at his best is the starting lock. Espicially with less interchanges.

Buhrer's role is important to the team for many reasons. Being smaller and quicker, he plays something like a rover in Australian rules, the player that is busy in the middle cleaning up, slipping through the gaps, fast enough to cover in defense. Des' Bulldogs are the perfect example of a side without an effective Buhrer, in that the forwards are all big lumbering types that lack variation. And with the reduction in replacements per match, the smaller guys are going to be all the more important. Buhrer adds the variety needed in a forward line up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7