James Maloney & his thought's on our roster quality

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

TimmyQ

Bencher
Ti

Titans team round 1 2016 . Main Play maker Elgey out for the Season injured in the trials . Luke Douglas suspended from last season . Will Zillman out injured .
If our current team is not better than the 2016 Titans team I am the real Bozo and I will be signing autographs
5 David Mead
2 Anthony Don
3 Josh Hoffman
4 Nathan Davis
20 John Olive
6 Tyrone Roberts
7 Ashley Taylor
8 David Shillington
9 Nathan Friend (c)
10 Agnatius Paasi
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris McQueen
13 Greg Bird

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne
15 Ryan James
16 Leivaha Pulu
17 Daniel Mortimer
Interesting thing about Titans in 2016 was class wise on paper probably shouldn't have made the 8. However what I also see is a lot of goers in that team that have a real crack. Yes our roster needs work to match the better teams but also our attitude needs work too. U can have the best team on paper but in our comp u can't afford too many passengers not giving 100%. Sadly we had a few of them this yr and that needs to be addressed. Pick blokes that want to play with passion or leave them eating chicken Parma at Blacktown Leagues after a game.

I'm going to give DCE one more season to prove his worth. If he stuffs up like he did the last 2 years I'm gunna let loose. Green will probably make him look good and give him more time to weave his apparent magic. Let's just see how it all pans out.
Green can't sit back and play second fiddle to the degree he was afforded under the structures of Melb and the organizing of the attacking plays from Cronk and Smith, it wont be enough at Manly.(Obviously DCE has to run the show but he is not at the dominant level of Cronk or Smith that Manly can afford a 5/8 who doesn't really demand the ball)

In the Superleague with poor defense he showed with space and time he has some nice touches and direct running on both sides but i do think his composed second fiddle basically limited to left side performances(from the few games i watched) at Melb were over-rated in some respects.

I would like to see Green slim down and play with a little more sharpness along with his composed mature 5/8 play.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Looking ( at this early stage) like another mediocre year, and with Snake & Skivvy still on the books maybe what we have is all we'll have.

I was more confident a week ago but with Matagi gone to the Squeals and Whare unlikely being released due to the Mansour injury it seems we are placing our bets firmly on Curtis Sirronen ( and even he's not 100% sure).

Can't see Barrett making the grade with what looks like a bits and pieces side other than 4 or 5 decent players.

The knives will be out for him by May, and he probably can't do a damn thing about it.
May?, that's generous mate....he'll be on the spit after the first month imo.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They did add Hurrell, Peats and Hayne (and now Proctor). NRL's money goes a long way. Kind of makes me wish we went bust, and Annersley took over. Sure as **** would do a better job than Penn / Fulton.

We added Wright & Winterstein
And I'd take Neil Henry over Barrett everyday of the week.

Ryan

Journey Man
I thought the same thing. I was wondering who would make a point of it, and you were the first!!

:party: CONGRATULATION'S!!! :party:
f713aa955fba9a695078a1b2dfda6e75.jpg

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Love your optimism. I really do!

It's not just our team its also looking at the other teams and when I look at who finished ahead of us this year I can't see many of those teams dropping out of the 8 (maybe the Titans) I also think the Roosters, Souths and Eels will be better in 2017. With the team we have I can see some improvement but not enough to do much better on the table than 2016.

Personally I dont think several of the sides ahead of us were that good. Its just that competition was not as great and several of the best sides of the past were on the slide. But look at the Storm. Aging group, yet they still 'stormed' to the top of the table. Cronulla were there because they had built up well and were a standout side. Canberra also deserved

No doubt followed by a litter ation

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You've got to be joking.

Not joking, they were 7tth favourite to win the premiership and the start of the season. Heres the betting in Feb, these market are based on roster strength mainly.

NRL 2016 Sports TAB Odds – at 05Feb16

(~4wks prior to the start of the NRL, also prior to any trial games)

2016 Premiership Winner, for $1 bet:

---

1) Broncos $4.50

2) Sea Eagles $7.50

3) Cowboys $8

4) Warriors $9

5) Roosters $9

6) Bulldogs $11

7) Sharks $13

8) Storm $15

9) Eels $15

10) Souths $15

11) Panthers $17

12) Raiders $26

13) Dragons $34

14) Tigers $81

15) Knights $101

16) Titans $251

Last edited:

Frank

Bencher
We were in it up to eye balls for a at least 6-8 of our losses. We just couldn't execute when it mattered. If you think a halves combo of DCE and Maloney couldn't have done more than what we had, your kidding yourself.

A line up of

Tom
Tafua
Walker
Lyon
Wright
Maloney
DCE
Jake
Tapau
Buhrer
Myles/AFB/Starling
API/parcel
Lussick

Would have made the finals if that was our team for most of the year
Like I said

Rex

Bencher
I see no negative in what Maloney said. At the time we had a powder puff forward pack. Why? Because our cap was tied up in our halves and our ageing stars.

We had to rebuild. We are doing that. Starting with the pack. it is a transition period.

But I do see a positive in what he revealed. He made clear we were going hard after him. IMO that's encouraging from a talent identification perspective.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not joking, they were 7tth favourite to win the premiership and the start of the season. Heres the betting in Feb, these market are based on roster strength mainly.

NRL 2016 Sports TAB Odds – at 05Feb16

(~4wks prior to the start of the NRL, also prior to any trial games)

2016 Premiership Winner, for $1 bet:

---

1) Broncos $4.50

2) Sea Eagles $7.50

3) Cowboys $8

4) Warriors $9

5) Roosters $9

6) Bulldogs $11

7) Sharks $13

8) Storm $15

9) Eels $15

10) Souths $15

11) Panthers $17

12) Raiders $26

13) Dragons $34

14) Tigers $81

15) Knights $101

16) Titans $251
The Sharks team and the players grew as the season progressed. You and others might have identified them as being average in February but they were far from average in October, and the current price and rep status of their players reflects that.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No one said they weren't. This thread is about JM saying they had a better roster when he signed.

Of course he was proven correct.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
I don't think I fully understand the purpose of this thread.....

A Cronulla player, who won the comp, thinks that our roster is questionable.

No $hit Sherlock.

OF COURSE we are questionable - it is called a re-build. I note he didn't mention the boardroom bickering, the perceived poor coaching by Barrett, and then meddling of Bozo. Does that mean he thinks our only weakness is our Roster from 2015?

Honestly - talk about a nothing article.

If this had happened in a time where we (the supporters) thought we were lining up for a Premiership season next year, then I would be worried. But I think we ALL know it is a season of positions 8 - 12 coming our way if we play WELL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16